V SPEEDS - FMC

Sdwr87

Hi so something that I can't seem to get around is entering the V-speeds into the FMC for a second flight.

I've landed and shut the engines down and am running on APU power at the gate. I start entering the new flight plan for the next flight and when it comes to the V-speeds section on the Take Off page, the QRH speeds won't input into the V1, VR and V2 sections. I've tried manually inputting them but they don't populate. Is there a "clear flight plan" function I'm missing?

I've tried looking for a solution in the manuals and on this forum and there does not seem to be much mention. I realise not many might do more than one flight per session but I tend to fly shorter flights back to back to keep things interesting.

Hi there,

hmm, this is odd - it works for me. The FMC "clears" when you put in a new ORIGIN in the RTE page.

Some other things to try - did you put in a weight (ZFW or GW) on the PERF page?

Entering the speeds in the Takeoff page is purely for displaying them on the EADI. There is no other benefit. You could also safely take off with just setting them via the plastic bugs and the MCP speed window - but I am curious why you can´t enter them on the second flight (when the first one seemed to work ok)

Please let me know if the above helped in any way.

Cheers, Jan