tbm 900 graphical / fps issue (vulkan)

pgzman

Earlier I loaded up the tbm 900 and noticed that I was getting what felt like 10-15 fps when inside the cockpit but the fps monitor is around 38-45 fps and it is not dipping any lower. For example, while turning (while in a cockpit view) I will start wings level. Then begin a standard rate turn. My screen will basically refresh and I am already at 10-15 degrees of bank. So I just see a jump from straight and level to well in a turn rather than a smooth transition but my FPS is still going strong mid 40s with no visible dips. I have stared at it trying to catch it dropping to 5-10 fps which would explain this kind of stutter but there just is not one. I then tested an external view and this does not happen. I see a smooth transition from straight and level to a turn. It is quite bizarre.  This is the only plane that I have noticed this happening in although it is possible there are others I have not tested. Planes I regularly fly and have no issues with are: zibo 737 4k version, toliss a319, ceranado piper PA-31 Navajo, Just Flight PA28 turbo arrow, and X-crafts E145. And I have tested these planes one after another before writing this so I believe its isolated to the tbm. 

I have already tried to do a fresh wipe/install of the tbm 900 and that, unfortunately, did not fix this issue. 

The last time I flew the tbm was days after the 11.5 beta came out (I updated), so that would be 11.5 beta 1. It worked absolutely fine then. I haven't flown it since then and I now have this issue. I have steam and it auto-updates my xplane which means I am now on beta 11.5 3 or 4 I believe. I have also updated my graphics drivers between my last successful tbm flight on 11.5b1 and when the issues started. 

Sorry, this has been a long post and probably a bit jumbled (I blame the beer). I am going to list my pc specs and anything I can think of as relevant although I'm sure I'll miss something. 

PC: titan XP barely oc'd, i7-8700k at 4.7, 32gb ram only 3k mhz i think, and I have xplane running on an M.2 ssd. 

Nvidia driver version: 445.87

Monitor: playing on a 1440p, 144hz, g-sync panel. (g-sync is turned on as well) 

Some addons that might be relevant: X-camera (I should have tried disabling this to see if it was the issue, will do that next), xp realistic 

Any input would be greatly appreciated, but I know that 11.5 is just a beta and I can't possibly expect everything to work yet. I was going to try turning G-sync off next and playing with more nvidia control panel settings to see if I could find something that was causing it. 

If anyone read all the way through this, thank you you rock :HighFive: 

First thing's first.  We need to take a look at your log file.  

Also, with a beta, anything is possible, but here are some things to consider.

How many plugins do you have installed?  An X-Plane beta, while it may not affect the TBM, MAY affect other plugins to the point they will slow the sim down considerably.  I have just tried the TBM in the latest beta, and there is no slowing down on the TBM.  So the problem on your version lies elsewhere.

To nail this down, could you post your log file and a screenshot of the TBM with the FPS counter displayed on screen.  The counter has other information that will help in finding out what is happening.