General Tech Support Needed

Propjockey57

I recently purchased the Hot Start TBM 900 from the X-Aviation site. Appears to have installed without issue or error messages. When I open x-plane 11, it finds the aircraft and loads okay.

I land, as expected, in the cockpit view with nothing running. My mouse allows me to move the view around the cockpit using the right click.  When I put the mouse over switches, etc., I can see the hand cursor and/or the up and down arrows on the screen, but when left clicking (or any other mouse action) cannot make the switches actually move. Also, there is no sound. It also appears that I don't have the left side screen pop-up referenced in the User Guide for engine and maintenance, etc.  My computer uses Windows 10.

Hoping for some not super technical instructions on how to fix the issues.

Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I don't.  I've been wanting to get a new CPU intended primarily for x-plane 11.  Currently working on my instrument rating and was hoping to use x-plane for procedures and instrument scan proficiency.  Really like the ForeFlight connection capability as well.   I bought the TBM download just for fun.

I appreciate the assistance. I guess I hold off on worrying about the TBM until I upgrade.  Any reasonably priced CPUs on the market that you'd suggest for running this program at decent frame rate levels?  Thanks!

The CPU you have should be fine, just turn down world objects, AI and other CPU hungry processes.  But if you have the budget, you should look at an i7, 6700K to get the most out of the TBM.  If you have a little bit left over, the nvidia 1080ti card is very inexpensive these days and will keep you going for a while.  Anything above those would be considered a bonus.