CTD after hours of flying, my ultimate crazy boring tests!

LKN

Hi there,

There is no doubt, I love the TBM, how many times that I said good stuff about it on forums.

But there is a dark side, the one that I encounter since the released date which is CTD from ?

Yes as usual I will get the response about plugins to delete in order to give another try, I understand that but I've already done that, sure...  as requested and back in the days CTD happened anyways as well (in this case, I won't open 10 topics each time I have 10 CTD) ... CTD where other planes even complex ones didn't get any conflict with x programs or plugs and actually I have only "Better for push back, Icing Simulator, XPrealistic" . Very easy to make some tests without plugs so. I did as requested each time it was asked to do so!

I can fly her 2 hours or rarely 3 hours in a row but impossible to go over, it's always crashes anyways after such hours of flying, I've never been able to fly straight till empty tanks, just never! For instance FF757 is a complex bird that demands a lot of ressources imo, no problem to fly these wings 5/6/7 hours in row without landing.

So lately I missed my TBM (as usual despite she's tough with me in terms of CTD, the only great addon that gives such CTD) so I decided to "investigate" again and for the last time I deleted my plugs and did 3 flights in boring regions/area means without even orthoxp scenery just to give a try while I was doing other things (sure, no head movement, no plug, it's tough hhh), just put the AP, that's it, no fairy tale. All flights ended up to a ctd, the first flight crashed after 2h47 (VGTJ/VIJP), Flight 2 (DNAA/GABS) crashed after 3h12, (UASP/ZBAA) crashed after 4h02 (getting better ;-). I choose those airports by hasard somehow because I have no scene out there and deleted everything from Xorganizer as well to make sure that any plug, any scenery, any aircraft will be mysteriously interfering for some X files reason with the TBM! Just to be clear about it.

Sure I can fly the TBM 900 despite of so many CTD since "years" , how CTD happened I have no idea because I can make short flights like 1h or 2h max without any CTD without making any changes or adding things in XP but the other day the same short flight will end in a CTD because of access violation or else or even something like Al traffic issue knowing that I have no traffic at all, I mean it. So it is very difficult to pinpoint sources like C:\WINDOWS\System32 or Caught EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION or WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL or Something reinstalled our exception handler, replaced it with 0000000000000000

I just took the risk to make a last regular flight with my plugs this time checked and orthoxp scenes because of a fse assigments EINN/DAUI around 5h45 flight ($23,998 reward but zero dollar at the end), and despite all the very ultimate previous tests without plugin and anything else than the TBM 900 and Active sky (please don't say that Active Sky could be the cause, I never had any issue with it lol) despite I knew it was risky to fly her such a long flight, I did try after a month without the TBM in my hand... well it did crash after maybe 1h52! But I took the risk, I mean I have flew with my other planes without any CTD since???  so after one month without flying her, especially after cleaning my XP as I used to do every months (old habit to make xp runs smoothly) and I made a fresh installation (again) of the TBM before flying.

I can't do better, so let's go, let's fly one of my favorite addon (for short flights) but this one today was a very long one (5H45 as mentioned) with a stop by to refuel... well it crashed after 1h52... just as usual, no surprise except always bad ones for long flights.

Please understand me, I don't need to hear maybe your plugs, maybe your scenes, maybe your GPU if we read correctly this post, so it should be ...? ... well I don't know. I always respected to delete plugs or else to make a test but look isn't it an ultimate test by flying 3 boring flights on purpose to make reliable the idea that the unkown cause of CTD can't be a plug, nor GPU, nor the scenery, hence what the cause is?

If it was my GPU, my RAM or my GTX1080 it will affect every very long flights over 4/5 hours, it doesn't. If it was a plug like "better for push back" (that I don't use for the TBM of course) then I should know it, isn't it? ... same for Icing Simulator and XP realistic, those plugs never caused any issue on my side, any CTD because of my birds hangar and again the flights test were done with a "naked" xplane somehow. So what that is? Maybe the price to pay to fly with such a great complex addon, it seems unstable on my side. Just fact,  "on my side" not "imo"!

Last flight this is what I read:

DRT: Found plugin with name="TBM900 by Hot Start" desc="TBM900 systems plugin - DO NOT DISABLE" signature="hotstart.tbm900"
DRT:
DRT: Found 3351 possible datarefs from plugin files; 205 datarefs and commands loaded OK.
0:08:45.950 I/WIN: Opened window menu bar
G64: 674.793: utils.newFolder(D:/Xplane 11/X-Plane 11/X-Aviation/)
G64: 674.899: Boot Count: 3
G64: 678.560: Run: OnKickStart..
Unknown fill layer 3
Unknown fill layer 3
Unknown fill layer 3
Unknown fill layer 3

I don't need help, I'm done, I will continue to fly her only for VFR very short flights so it's all good... (somehow)

Let's blame my xx?xx?NjgiiNkrl  I don't know what, it's ironic because I truly believe that it can't be solved, it is the same since the release date CTD out of CTD but a lot of fun and great experiences on the other side however I never know if I will end up my flights (only if it is a long one) so I'm done flying her for long trips for sure. Never been able to do my world tour as I use to do with a new addon in my hangar if it's possible, it takes months sometimes but I enjoy it, sure I did LKAX to LFQQ with the TBM (8 CTD during the trip, and I had to stop the tour waiting for a new update that solved this issue directly, I don't remember the cause, we were many to encounter the same issue even if at that time I thought it was because of my plugins LOL! )

Again no blame here because it is so rare to have such a complex study level addon in our hangar and I am sure that it brings some inspiration and emulation for other devs... All my big respect for the TBM HotStar team, very good support as well. I definitely understand that this new techs could bring some "unknown" conflicts sometimes or often depends on x things, depends on PC or x reason... sure I still love my TBM, no doubt ... for short flights.

Happy Flyings honorable pilots!

Edited by LKN

On 2/21/2020 at 11:31 PM, Goran_M said:

we've determined they're caused by AI traffic.  Either plug in or X-Planes default AI.  Just disable it.  

Thanks for your reply Goran, as I cleary mentioned in my previous post:

On 2/21/2020 at 9:30 PM, LKN said:

even something like Al traffic issue knowing that I have no traffic at all, I mean it.

So I mean it again: I have no AI traffic, nor either plug concerning traffic. Please, I've already replied the same in an old post, I wrote that I have no AI traffic, can't be more accurate than that! ;-)

But it's ok I do only short vfr flights with the TBM, all good, tks