[SOLVED] CRJ-200 installed then x-plane crashed

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will try to disable plugins now.

OK, I found a cause of the crash. Somehow it interfere with Airport-Nav_lin.xpl plugin.

Then I looked for newer version of that plugin, found that there is 1.1.3, installed it and it doesn't crash anymore! ;-) Happy days!

Anyways. I can fly her now with, but...

I have another issue - more than likely it is me doing something wrong, but will ask anyway. Once I copy airport information as per instructions on page 14 (tutorial) into scratchpad I am unable to insert them into SET POS field. I can't see any ---°--.-- ---°--.-- under SET POS as on screenshot from the same page.

Any hints on what am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Kamil

if you start from engines running you can't insert the coordinates, it has to be done in cold and dark. But you have to set IRS to nav position.if not you won't be able to introduce coordinates

Thank you Javier. Back to reading then. As I said, more than likely it was me. :( Thanks!

Also I can see weird problem (please see attachment). Please have a look at dotted squares after BBI.

Kamil

post-965-131369607107_thumb.png

Oh! That is really strange. Philipp?

By the way... Did you delete the frame of the displays, didn't you?

Yes Javier, I renamed the file as per instructions in documentation. But this is not a source of this squares problem as they were there before  I removed the frame.

Kind regards,

Kamil

do what Philipp said.. but also check you have inside Resources/plugins folder these folders and directories:

liblinux (folder)

QtCore.framework (folder)

lin.xpl

mac.xpl

QtCore4.dll

win.xpl

???

Philipp.. please check also Redfisher one!! Thanks  :(

i had to do this as well

I have another issue - more than likely it is me doing something wrong, but will ask anyway. Once I copy airport information as per instructions on page 14 (tutorial) into scratchpad I am unable to insert them into SET POS field. I can't see any ---°--.-- ---°--.-- under SET POS as on screenshot from the same page.

Any hints on what am I doing wrong?

If in cold and dark, you have to set the IRS both to "NAV". If you start it with engines running, then turn the left knob once left to "OFF" and then back to "NAV".

Then it's displayed, and you can paste the position.

i noticed there were 2 liblinux folders one that came with the aircraft download and one that after aicraft installation that is inside the aircraft plugins folder. One has 3 files the other has only one file inside which of these two should go in the xplane/resources/plugins folder?

Hi all !

I also have a X-Plane crash on my system after using the setup-linux-x64 installer: My system is the 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx and here's the error from my Log.txt file:

dlerror:/usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by /home/mdmax/Applications/X-Plane/Resources/plugins/vascore/lin.xpl)

OK, forget my previous message !  :(

I first made an update from X-Plane 9.68 to 9.69, I reinstalled all the lib32 packages from Synaptic but nothing helped. In the vascore folder, the "ldd lin.xpl" command always gave me this result:

./lin.xpl: /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.14' not found (required by ./lin.xpl)
linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf7723000)
libQtCore.so.4 => /home/mdmax/Applications/X-Plane/Resources/plugins/vascore/./liblinux/libQtCore.so.4 (0xf741f000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib32/libpthread.so.0 (0xf73e6000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf72f0000)
libm.so.6 => /lib32/libm.so.6 (0xf72ca000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf72ab000)
libc.so.6 => /lib32/libc.so.6 (0xf7151000)
libz.so.1 => /usr/lib32/libz.so.1 (0xf713b000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib32/libdl.so.2 (0xf7137000)
librt.so.1 => /lib32/librt.so.1 (0xf712e000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf7724000)

So I decided to install a newer version of lib32stdc++ (I took the version from the Ubuntu 11.04 repositories and installed it on my 10.04 system).

http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/lib32stdc++6

It worked ! Now I have a lot to learn about the CRJ.

crj01-th.jpg crj02-th.jpg

Happy flying !  8)

Hi again,

i)

I experience another problem. Performance problem that is. I have quad core cpu which is not the fastest but should not be not fast enough I would say.

I have all four cores max'd up to 100% all the time but CRJ is causing xplane to stutter during all movement. Framerate seems OK, 20's if lots of buildings in sight and about >40 will less buildings.

I tried to downgrade nvidia drivers back to 260 series but did not help (I am using 270.41.03 normally).

Does anyone else experienced such a thing?

ii)

Also, once I set up TGT trust limit to let's say 90.5% and move throttles forward at some point throttle lever goes all the way up and basically ignores all joystick inputs as well as tries of moving it back with mouse. It goes away once I delete TGT. I am doing something wrong?

iii)

Problem with those dotted squares described few posts back.

Point i) actually holds me from enjoying the plane. Also for example altitude tape does not move too smoothly during climb/descent phrases (just an example). How could I try to test it more accurately?

Kind regards,

Kamil

I don't have any info on installer errors just yet, as it installs correctly on all my platforms, but:

Gizmo is not the problem. It is perfectly normal that Gizmo search to see if a plane has a license, so please disregard this as a whole if you come across it in your log.txt files!

my x plane still crashes. I have a question. In the Take command CRJ200 in the dist folder there are folders like QT,vascore, jrollonplanes( which contains navdata and sids and stars and saved routes) image formats. Are any of these supposed to be moved anywhere?

With the CRJ installed, hard crash to desktop upon loading any plane unless I remove the CustomSBDataRefs002Mac.xpl from my plugins folder. For some reason the CRJ will not let X-Plane load with that plugin installed.

The installer also didn't copy the plugins from the aircraft folder to the plugin folder. Had to do that manually. The installer also copied to British Airways livery to aircraft directory and not into liveries.

Haven't had a chance to really fly it yet.

Are the contents of the plugins folder supposed to stay with the aircraft or be installed in the plugins folder. I also had to move the british airways folder into the liveries folder. For now I moved the contents of the plugins folder from the CRJ aircraft folder to the plugins folder. I can't check it out till later tonight, but if that does not work I will move them back.

My XPlane is crashing when I load Crj-200 on runway engines running,

or on ramp when I set Battery Master on.

I did the hardware test. It was sucessfull.

Same with demo version.

Model: iMac9,1, BootROM IM91.008D.B08, 2 processors, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB

Graphics: kHW_NVidiaGeForce9400Item, NVIDIA GeForce 9400, sppci_pci_device, 256 MB

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: __ZSt16__ostream_insertIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_PKS3_i

Referenced from:/X-Plane 9 Demo/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/mac.xpl