Speed Limitations

DClark

Okay, I cant tell if this a bug, or part of the design of this aircraft,  plugin effecting the engine on the Pocket Rocket, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.  My problem:  The engine goes to idle around 240 knots.  Speed drops to about 190 range and then the engine kicks back in.  I thought this maybe the speed limitation below 10000 feet but it does it at 18000 as well.  I tested this at 18,000 in a dive and even at around 25 percent throttle once I hit 240ish @ FL15 the engine dies or idles until my airspeed drops below 240.  I looked at the manuals and didn't see anything as well as the forums.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't seen that one before. Can you make sure the "Experimental Flight Model" is turned off in X-Plane settings?

If you can record the issue, or provide screenshots, please do. Additionally, after loading the aircraft, please attach the "log.txt" file that is auto-generated in the X-Plane 11 folder. These things should help me figure out what is going on.

Thank you for reporting this to us! This is an obscure issue, that is for sure, but we will hopefully get to the bottom of it.

Ok, here is the log file.  The video for some reason is very poor.  But does show the issue.  If you need better video I will look into something better to record the issue.  Hope this helps or maybe I am just doing something wrong?

Log.txt

EDIT:

Got a better video of it...

Edited by DClark

I forgot to mention experimental flight model is not checked - FYI

I thought for a minute that it might be my throttle (thrustmaster) but I don't believe it is.  Not sure what I did inflight to cause this but with this video im on the ground with no throttle now.  Still kinda grainy.  Anything that helps you diagnose let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by DClark

Yes both.  And even off.  I almost think it feels like it has something to do with a plugin but I'm not running anything out of the ordinary.  I even turned off all plugins with the same result.  I do have a couple Arobask planes and a couple from x-aviation with realityxp but only use the realityxp with the bea jetstream 32.  I am running Win 10 pro v1903 though.  If you want me to try different things dont hesitate to ask as I love this plane for it's short takeoffs and landings.

I appreciate your time, Thanks!

Things I have tried plus your suggestions:

Igniters tried in all three positions, On OFF and auto.

Disabled all plugins not relevant to the Pocket Rocket and or X-Aviation stuff.

Tried experimental flight model, checked and unchecked.

Reinstalled version 1.0.2 over the previous versioon as the problem was before 1.0.2.

Enabled remove flight surfaces for over speed per your request.

Problem still persists so, I uninstalled the Pocket Rocket using its uninstaller located in the X-Plane/X-Aviation folder.

I manually checked /X-Plane/Aircraft folder and noticed a ton of left over files in the Pocket Rocket folder so I manually deleted them ALL.

Reinstalled Pocket Rocket fresh v1.0.2., I then loaded X-Plane and loaded the Pocket Rocket first up on a fresh reboot of Windows.  I went through the  activation process again email/password etc... I then though I though I should reload the plane rather then test it right after activation (no warning to do that but I did anyway).  I loaded the default Cesna Skyhawk, then reloaded the Pocket Rocket and bam crash to desktop.  Below is the log I got form that (just the last part of x-planes log not the whole thing which I do have if you want me to post it):

C:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/plugins/pr_systems/win_x64/pr_systems.xpl : Error Code = 1114 : A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed.
0:04:26.420 E/OBJ: Unknown emitter type 'L_wingtip' for object 'Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/objects/particles/particles.obj'.
0:04:26.420 E/OBJ: Unknown emitter type 'R_wingtip' for object 'Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/objects/particles/particles.obj'.
0:04:26.420 E/OBJ: The object Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/objects/PILOTS.obj has unbalanced anim begins.
0:04:26.420 E/OBJ: The object Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/objects/PILOTS_HEADSETS.obj has unbalanced anim begins.
0:04:26.420 E/OBJ: The object Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/objects/PILOT_O2.obj has unbalanced anim begins.
0:04:26.420 I/SND: This aircraft is using FMOD in PARTIAL mode.
0:04:26.420 E/SOUN: snd error in file: Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/fmod/Pocket Rocket Retract.snd line 458
0:04:26.420 E/SOUN: The sound event event:/Cockpit/switch11 has an invalid command trigger afm/pr/f/misc/mixtureDetent
G64: 269.124: Livery Changed:(RETRO RACING)  Folder:(Aircraft/X-Aviation/Pocket Rocket/liveries/RETRO RACING/)
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: [XPLM_PLUGIN_XPLANE]}==--

I rebooted Windows, reloaded X-Plane and loaded PR from the git go, everything loaded fine and still the problem persists. Again trying all of the above suggestions.  Still it persists.  Watching the gauges much closer these last few times it almost looks like the prop is feathering or something weird and looses torque.   But at exactly 240 knots 0 torque any altitude, even in a dive.  I am at a total loss.  You want screen shots of my folders and files in X-Plane, permissions on anything to help troubleshoot?  I don't know how man people are using this plane but right now as it stands I think Im the only one with this problem?  Has to be something that this software doesn't like but my I.T. troubleshooting skills are about all used up and Im out of things to try?  I am uploading the last X-Plane log that I just tested PR that loaded successfully but no torque at 240 knots...

Log.txt

As another test (which probably doesn't mean much) I loaded the TBM900 from X-Aviation and I pushed it past 240 with no issues I then loaded Areobask's (Epic) E1000 and pushed it past 240 knots (both turbo props).  Like I said prolly doesn't mean anything but going through testing everything and anything I can think of....