Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head ( Inside the Cockpit!)

billd393

During a takeoff in heavy rain I noticed raindrops appearing both outside on the windscreen and inside the cockpit.  See the attached screenshot with some of the bleed thru raindrops marked.  I didn't get a shot of it but some of the droplets flowed left to right and appeared on the Synthetic Vision MFD

FYI

Bill

Rain.jpg

Just now, billd393 said:

During a takeoff in heavy rain I noticed raindrops appearing both outside on the windscreen and inside the cockpit.  See the attached screenshot with some of the bleed thru raindrops marked.  I didn't get a shot of it but some of the droplets flowed left to right and appeared on the Synthetic Vision MFD

FYI

Bill

Interesting, can you attach a log.txt from when this happens? Thank you!

The log.txt file will be located in the "X-Plane 11" folder and is a file titled "log.txt" It gets overwritten each time you load X-Plane, so if after running the sim and seeing this effect, you could upload the file here, that would be great!

OK - here's a log.txt file from a flight just now + another screenshot showing the interior rain.  Contrary to my previous comment that it only happened in the lower left screen quadrant the raindrops move with the view i.e. if you move from the left pilot seat to the right the interior raindrops move with the view.  

Weather conditions in this shot are set manually to heavy rain

Actually - there don't appear to be any raindrops on the outside windscreen.  The raindrops in the screenshot are all inside the cockpit.  What it looks to me is happening is the raindrops which should be drawing on the widnscreen outside are instead showing up inside the cockpit and in front of the instrument panel/glare shieldRain6.thumb.jpg.33aa1700e91a563eefd11dcb409a7ed3.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by billd393

1 hour ago, billd393 said:

OK - here's a log.txt file from a flight just now + another screenshot showing the interior rain.  Contrary to my previous comment that it only happened in the lower left screen quadrant the raindrops move with the view i.e. if you move from the left pilot seat to the right the interior raindrops move with the view.  

Weather conditions in this shot are set manually to heavy rain

Actually - there don't appear to be any raindrops on the outside windscreen.  The raindrops in the screenshot are all inside the cockpit.  What it looks to me is happening is the raindrops which should be drawing on the widnscreen outside are instead showing up inside the cockpit and in front of the instrument panel/glare shield

This sure is an odd bug - I will talk with the developer of the rain drawing library to see if he has any ideas. Until then, you can disable rain effects from the sidebar aircraft menu, disable rain effects.