SM4 not working in xp11

prdant

SMP itself has nothing to do with weather downloading - that is a function of X-Plane. I suspect you're running into the issue where NOAA without warning switched its weather data to HTTPS protocol, which broke real world weather in X-Plane. You will need to update to X-Plane 11.32 to fix that.

If you are using a third-party weather injector, including Real Weather Connector configured to "always" mode, it may be affected by the same issue.

METAR.rwx is downloaded by X-Plane when you have real-world weather enabled. Again, this is currently broken in X-Plane unless you update to X-Plane 11.32. 

All you need to do is select real world weather conditions when setting up your weather scenario, and X-Plane should download this file for you. Real Weather Connector simply reads it, and translates it into cloud placements for use by Skymaxx Pro.

• 4 months later...

i am running xplane 11.35b3 i have installed skymaxx pro 4.8.2 with RWC 1.1 as per instructions but my real weather is not being displayed it is currently heavy rain at ymhb(hobart) and weather is showing almost CAVOK in sim can someone explain why this is ?

rwc.jpg

skymax.jpg

xp settings.jpg

Edited by coxo2436

X-Plane itself believes there is no rain at this location, and we're just representing the conditions X-Plane is giving to us. SMP and RWC just represents the weather provided to it, either through X-Plane's built in real weather system or external products such as FSGRW.

My guess would be that the weather data X-Plane is retrieving from NOAA is out of date; it can be delayed by up to an hour, and that's normal.

It's also possible that there is some sort of problem preventing X-Plane from downloading data from NOAA. If the problem persists, please provide a copy of your log.txt and metar.rwx files so we can see what's going on.