ATC stupidity?

FlorianR

I was flying from philadelphia to washington in the Eadt x737 today, and during landing the ATC told me to descend and maintain 4000 feet. I did, but after i reached exactly 4000 feet the ATC continued to tell me to please descend and hold 4000 feet, even though is I was very close (if not exactly) at 4000 feet. Am i doing something wrong or is the ATC just reminding me of what to do? Thanks in advance!

FlorianR

Chris Serio is doing the X-Plane 10 ATC implementation. He holds a commercial pilot certificate, but is not an Air Traffic Controller.

The built-in ATC in XP10 appears to hold MUCH promise.  I've heard that it might be missing a few things on the day 1 release, but it can be upgraded as time goes on without a complete rewrite.

Anything that gets ppl interested in learning the right procedures can only be a good thing. I can't wait to see it in action!

• 1 month later...

Just a quick thought - when given your particular altitude from anything above FL140 down to 4,000 ft, did you readjust your altimeter from 29.92 to the current altimeter setting?  If not, the ATC simulation will see it as per the local altitude by current altimeter settings, NOT at standard barometric pressure.

Let me know if this helps.