Setting up xplane server website

frequentflyer

No. It's not the least bit biased at all. It's called being smart and using the right tool for the job.

People have been asking for better multiplayer support for YEARS now.

Pilot Edge is it.

Support it. Pull your head out of the sand, the other existing legacy networks are crap.

I speak as someone who has reverse engineered the VATSIM/IVAO protocol and written and maintained my own flight-server.

Pilot Edge is it. The others are a joke.

Wow, Indi. I'm flattered. Even as PE founder, though, I would still say that other options DO exist :D  PE is not for everyone (especially once it becomes payware, which it will).

The other thread is a reasonable list. Each network has pros and cons.  For simply flying around in a high fidelity environment, netflight does a good job.  PE is like netflight, with ATC, voice unicom, and Ultimate Traffic built-in.

Wow, Indi. I'm flattered. Even as PE founder, though, I would still say that other options DO exist :D  PE is not for everyone (especially once it becomes payware, which it will).

The other thread is a reasonable list. Each network has pros and cons.  For simply flying around in a high fidelity environment, netflight does a good job.  PE is like netflight, with ATC, voice unicom, and Ultimate Traffic built-in.

I'll admit, Pilot Edge is great if you want to fly in California.  However, some of us prefer to fly in an area bigger than maybe 3,000 square miles and for free.

approx 240,000 square miles, and it costs nothing at the moment.

I don't mean to appear defensive, but I am obliged to correct gross inaccuracies if I see them.

Also, that is the ATC coverage area. If you want to fly outside of the coverage area, you still get full voice unicom, range limited by altitude of sender/receiver, anywhere in the world.

approx 240,000 square miles, and it costs nothing at the moment.

I don't mean to appear defensive, but I am obliged to correct gross inaccuracies if I see them.

Also, that is the ATC coverage area. If you want to fly outside of the coverage area, you still get full voice unicom, range limited by altitude of sender/receiver, anywhere in the world.

Thanks for your great contributions to the X-Plane community Keith  :D