Scenery objects elevation problem

aguilarjacobo

I just got the Aerosoft Madrid, Spain scenery. But some objects are above or under the ground (taxi lines, cars, ground markings) and I can't bring them down. I am currently using Overlay editor and WED. I have been told that it could be fixed using Blender and AC3D but I have never used those programs so I will not be able to fix this scenery. It would be greatly appreciated if some could help me with this.

Thanks!

- Jacobo

Well it could be the direction of the faces and the way the normals are facing. that might be why you  are seeing different things at different angles. Other than that if might just be what they call a color thrash when basically the two textures are so close on top of one another that the bleed together. I'd be glad to look at it but thats all i could promise. It really depends on how many objects are messed up and how fs2xplane grouped the objects together. I bought Imagine sims charlotte and fixed it when they said it couldn't be done but it does take some time to get it to look good after its done.

Just a random question but are you getting any errors with textures and from the looks of it is everything there?

I've heard a lot of different opinions on that particular airport but I figured its because people aren't really buying it and some are. most fs2004 stuff you actually buy, actually converts.

All of the problems can be fixed.  It does require Blender or AC3D.

Unchecking the runway follows terrain button only effects the airport and not the terrain around it,

otherwise, theoretically, you could flatten Mt. Everest and bury the Grand Canyon.

Not acceptable for anyone concerned with scenery.

I've corrected converted sceneries before and it can be a bit tedious.

If you want to dabble in scenery,

there really is no way to stay away from 3D architecture apps. without being forced to be dependent upon other peoples objects.

Don't be intimidated. You would be surprised at what a few little tutorials in Blender could do for you.

If you're smart enough to learn Overlay and WED, I believe you could take another step up to learn a little, (or just enough), of the bigger applications to suit your needs.

It all comes down to this,

How much do you want it? :)