Programming Hotkeys for PilotView

golfzulu

Could anyone give me "simple to understand" instructions on how to set up hotkeys for PilotView Plugin. I've set-up 8 fantastic views of the T34c Mentor, which has fast become my favourite, and it would be far more convenient to use my number keys 1234...78 than the control panel. I have honestly searched the threads on the ORG and Sandy's instructions but find no easily accessible instructions- I'm not a Techy Wizzkid. Using XP9.62 on an IMac. I'm posting here because it seems less intimidating than the Org- don"t bite my head off!

• 4 months later...

That's an old topic, I know, but it turns up as top seach hit for pilotview and I'd like to share my settings for pilotview hot buttons with you all. What that setting does on my iMac is: I only need to hit the number on the numpad to change the view. That did not work with only assigning the numbers, so I tried different stuff, and this works:

[PRESET1]

HotKey = NUMPAD1

HotKeyModifiers = NUMPAD0+Down

[PRESET2]

HotKey = NUMPAD2

HotKeyModifiers = NUMPAD0+Down

and so forth....

• 1 year later...

How did you come up with that idea? I have been struggling for hours now trying to set up the number keys (the regular ones, since I don't have a keypad on my Mac keyboard) as presets, but I still haven't succeeded. Simply putting

[PRESETn]

HotKey = n

doesn't work (even if I delete the original assignments to the number keys in the settings). Maybe I need to add HotKeyModifiers, but I have absolutely no clue what they should be.