smp 4.5 correct setup?

wain

RWC simply transfers METAR data to SkyMaxx Pro for representation of the clouds - that's all. If you want to use NOAA for other things like winds you can still use it, but X-Plane 11 already has most of NOAA's functionality built in as I understand it. Like I said, I don't use NOAA, so others please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

10k is pretty low for the cloud area. How high you can go depends on your system specs and what other add-ons and scenery you have installed. I'd just set up some cloudy conditions and see how high you can set it while maintaining an acceptable frame rate. Higher settings are better, especially if you fly at high altitudes. I keep mine maxed out all the way, but I have a pretty modern system.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Did not want to start another thread.

I use FS Global Weather, and I can't get same cloud coverage with Sky Max Pro 4.5 as in XP weather.  In hio altitude I only get broken clouds in close area around the airplane for example. Anybody have hint/tips for a working setup that look a bit more real then broken clouds around you.

• Upvote 1