Audio From NAV Including ADF

I absolutely love your DC-3. Attached is a photo of my Mom and me in 1948 at a rural Wyoming airport with the DC-3 (since it is Mother's day here in the U.S.!).

Anyway it would be nice to have audio on/off controls for the DC-3 NAV receivers. I am an old goat that learned to listen to the ident of ILS/VOR/NDB while making instrument approaches. I leave it turned down, so having a NAV audio level would be even better. No one else does it though :-( Right now the DataRefs for the audio switches for the NAV radios are all permanently 0.

I have created a plugin that simulates the old Low Freq range stations and fan marker beacons. All navigation is done by sound. So being able to turn the ADF sound on and off and up and down would be good. Right now I have the volume tied into the avionics fan control ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...

I was surprised to learn that the RMI needles work a bit unconventionally. The #1 needle on the pilot's side is the #1 ADF, and the #2 needle on the pilot's side is the #1 VOR. The co-pilot's RMI works the same way but from the #2 ADF and VOR. This is pretty nice given there are no source selection controls. I am huge fan of the RMI. There is no need for the OBS/CDI as the RMI provides it all including rates. And you navigate the same whether using an NDB or VOR. NIce.