FlyInside for X-Plane..

BeachAV8R

So I had the chance to give FlyInside a whirl during its beta phase - and I have to say, the X-Aviation MU-2 (which was one of my first in-depth X-Plane aircraft) is one of the most beautiful aircraft in Virtual Reality that you'll find. You can read more about it in the article:

http://www.mudspike.com/flyinside-x-plane-10/

What is particularly nice about the MU-2 is that it seemed to be specifically created for VR. By that I mean, the attitude indicator, gauges, and the needles that hover above the gauges are mostly in 3D..which is important once you start getting into VR presentations. A good many other aircraft (such as some earlier Carendo GA planes) have "painted on" needles on gauges and stuff..which look fine in a normal 2D presentation or 2D virtual cockpit, but one you get into VR, those little shortcuts standout. Anyway, I'm very, very impressed with how the MU-2 looks and it is a blast to fly in VR..

BeachAV8R

• Upvote 1

I recently grabbed a $30 "cardboard clone" and was truly shocked by the immersion possible on something like a phone.

The content all leaves me wanting but the future is bright... it makes me want to get in and make better content if I cant find some and that by itself is exciting.

I don't have a real headset yet, probably wont for a while... it's just not in the budget for $ or time.

Thanks for the feedback on the MU2. I can definitely appreciate the subleties of the 3D needles.

Edited by Ben Russell