Gizmo crash 1.0.7

jonfrederickl

Jan and Jon,

I too experienced a couple of crashes like the one described above and -- erroneously, it would seem -- suspected database inconsistencies to cause those. Yesterday I performed a flight from Linz (LOWL, my home base in real life) to Kefalonia (LGKF). Wary about inconsistencies between the 737 database (still AIRAC 1509 in my 737) and X-Plane (AIRAC 1603 on my system) I proceeded from Brindisi VOR direct to Kefalonia VOR, selected a VOR approach on RWY 32 *without selecting a STAR*, then shortened the "approach" on the LEGS page by making the actual RWY waypoint the next one after KFN VOR, and was able to perform the VOR approach and landing, using HDG select to track the appropriate  VOR radials and V/S for descent, and finally hand-flying and landing the 737, without any issues.

Happy landings

Sigmar

Hi Sigmar,

yes, it is perfectly possible to work around the problem by substituting a regular approach and then modifying it... or just disregard the magenta line in the end - after all you are going for a visual approach - this does not mean keeping visual with your EHSI :P.

Of course we need to fix the core fault.

Jan