Felis Tu154M

Vantskruv

Anyone flies it?

Before buying, it was like 'meeh, it seems boring and ugly'. But as I felt I wanted to fly other things than western aircraft, I thought what the heck, I'll buy it.

I do not regret! The aircraft is hell of a fun to fly and master. I think this is the most fun aircraft yet to fly, and the goodies to play with feels like a never ending learning. I did first fly with the KLN90B, and learned how to fly SID:s and STAR:s with it. Then I went flying VOR to VOR navigation, as it is more rewarding. Now, I will try to learn the NVU, which is rather complicated as there are no manuals. I basically can handle it, but understanding its ins and outs is more of a detective work. It is getting more complicated as you can choose to use magnetic or true headings, and right now I am quite confused, as it seems more complicated than what it looks like if only navigating with the NVU. And I'm not sure how to connect Skyvector true tracks with this one (magnetic headings, true headings, great circle headings and so on without good pedagogic documentation makes you wandering in fog).

The flaw with this airplane is the lack of deeply descriptive manuals for the systems to understand them fully, and I am not of yet know how deeply everything is simulated. But despite that, I'm feeling very rewarded flying this aircraft, it is really awesome.