Bug report list part 5

Tom Knudsen

Hi, first allow me to say the plane is getting there, with patch 1.0.3 it is a dream to fly, not had any soft or hard crashes yet.

But there are some bugs or questions that make me think it is a bug I wanted to clear out so I can continue ejoying this excellent aircraft (best ever made)

1. APU start with out fuel 

- Manage to start APU with no fuel pumps on, normally the LEFT AFT pump is on before I start it, but today I descided to try without, just to see what happens

Not sure if this is applicable to real life, but I do not think it would be possible to start APU without fuel, correct me if I am wrong

2. Enroute to ENBO from ENVA today I had an MASTER CAUTION at FL330 crz level.

2016-05-07_222846.jpg

I quickly scanned the panels and found an issue in the pressurization panel

2016-05-07_224110.jpg

I began to wonder if I had an de-pressurization issue or a faulty system, so I started to read a bit but found only information on an NG system

AUTO FAIL light illuminate if any of the following conditions occurs

* Loss of DC power

* Controller fault

* Outflow valve control fault

* Excessive differential pressure (> 8.75psi)

* Excessive rate of cabin pressure change (+- 2000 sea level feet/minute)

* High cabin altitude above 15,800 feet

Now here is the kicker

Moving the pressurization selector to the ALTN position extinguishes the AUTO FAIL light, however the ALTN light remains illuminated to indicate single channel operation

Now where is this pressurization selector??

I did not find it, so I just continued approach since the aircraft was flyable and I crossed my fingers that the passengers in the back still had hearing and enough oxygen

Why did this happen, what do I do to amend this in the future and is this a bug?

3. The Speed Restriction bug

- Noted to day that I could enter speed restrictions and the page updates, but no value is shown after it was entered in, WPT could not be entered either i think

DES NOW does not work (guess this feature is not implemented yet) and FORECAST I have not played with in this aircraft yet (does it work)

2016-05-07_222500.jpg

4. CLB indicated bug

Now during my decent  I pressed the LVL CHG and corrected for the speed, but I noticed that in any position of the descend profile the climb CLB was lit even though 

the plane was descending as shown in this image, why?

2016-05-07_230739.jpg

Well I ended up there I should and parked nice an quite into the gate at ENBO, except for the annoying SkyMAXX color I had an excellent flight with excellent performance (skymaxx) and

with an excellent airplane (IXEG of course, not lost that is)

Included is the log files I could find

Cycle Dump.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by Tom Knudsen

Hi Tom,

again thanks for another detailed report!

1.) APU starts fine without fuelpump

2.) Don´t know what caused your drop to STANDBY, thought we had fixed the outflow valve problems with fluctuations. If if happens, just move the knob to STBY and back to AUTO

3.) SPD REST can be entered in format speed/altitude but only if you are above the altitude. You can´t enter a waypoint speed restriction on the DES page, it is only for showing them. SPEED and DES NOW don´t work yet, sorry.

4.) CLB is the correct power limit during a level change, even in a descent. It indicates the max power the engine COULD go to - not the actual power delivered.

Jan

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

3.) SPD REST can be entered in format speed/altitude but only if you are above the altitude. You can´t enter a waypoint speed restriction on the DES page, it is only for showing them. SPEED and DES NOW don´t work yet, sorry.

Hi Jan

In fact i could enter in the "SPD REST" for example 240/18000 as i was on cruise at FL350. I then had to press "EXEC". It seems that the FMC took it into account because all waypoints below FL180 were indicated with a speed of "230" (but why 230 and not 240?). But the "SPD REST" was empty again after having pressed EXEC. Not sure if this is like it should, since i know it for example in the 757/767/777 and for them it will stay written there.

Thanks and cheers
Franz

Edited by frankbyte

Hi Jan

In fact i could enter in the "SPD REST" for example 240/18000 as i was on cruise at FL350. I then had to press "EXEC". It seems that the FMC took it into account because all waypoints below FL180 were indicated with a speed of "230" (but why 230 and not 240?). But the "SPD REST" was empty again after having pressed EXEC. Not sure if this is like it should, since i know it for example in the 757/767/777 and for them it will stay written there.

Thanks and cheers

Franz

Same here, did try 250/10000 as it should be the correct value, and the plane should not exceed this speed limit behov i e FL100

About the pressureization fail issue, in the picture you have the pressure panel set to ground and not flight.

Looks like you are right, must be why then, did not recall this to be set, my bad

2 hours ago, frankbyte said:

Hi Jan

Thanks and cheers
Franz

Ok - in this case it should stay - we will take a look at that!

1 hour ago, Tom Knudsen said:

Looks like you are right, must be why then, did not recall this to be set, my bad

Nevertheless, even with the switch in GRD it should work... (just no pre-pressurization on ground). Let me know if you see the AUTO FAIL light again without doing something that might trigger it (power failures, resetting the plane, having window open during flight, etc.)

Jan

• Upvote 1