Japan RJTH Hachijojima Airport 1.3

7 Screenshots

About This File

Hachijōjima Airport serves the island of Hachijōjima, administratively a part of Tokyo despite being located 287 km south of the metropolitan area. Hachijōjima is a popular tourist destination and gets daily flights from Tokyo Haneda. Toho Airlines operates helicopter flights between Hachijōjima, Tokyo, and other islands in the area.

The package includes Andreas Wieberneit’s Weathered Edges enhancement on the shoulders of the pavement. I availed myself of Jonathan "Marginal" Harris's indispensable tools for exporting objects for use in X-Plane, and would have never made anything were it not for his helpful tutorials. Barbarossa's Reload_Scenery plugin made it possible to see the results of object placement and modifications without having to restart X-Plane or changing locations in the sim.

The screenshots show some add-ons to the stock X-Plane 10 product. The darker and more detailed pavements are thanks to FlyJSim’s free Enhanced Runways HD files. The surrounding landscape scenery is augmented with John Spahn’s UrbanMAXX.

X-Plane user ScottP posted conversions of many many airports all over Japan a few years back. I recommend these files to anyone who wants to populate Japan and fly around a bit.

Update, August 2014: Adjusted scenery for use with Andras Fabian's highly recommended HD Mesh Scenery V2, which delivers more accurate elevation data, roads, buildings, etc. for Japan. Also added local bus service into town.

What's New in Version 1.3

Released

• See description.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments