[SOLVED] CRJ 200 Avionics/Autopilot problems.. Help!

Hello All... Just curious if anyone has the same problem. I am unable to set my position on the FMC, the right LSK does not work. I can copy the cordinates to the scratchpad but am unable to then set them in the "Set pos" area. Also, I can not get the autopilot to work. Someone please help. I am a former real world rj pilot so I have a pretty good idea of the plane, but just frustrated that I cant get it to work in xplane...

Hello All... Just curious if anyone has the same problem. I am unable to set my position on the FMC, the right LSK does not work. I can copy the cordinates to the scratchpad but am unable to then set them in the "Set pos" area. Also, I can not get the autopilot to work. Someone please help. I am a former real world rj pilot so I have a pretty good idea of the plane, but just frustrated that I cant get it to work in xplane...

I bet Javier would say please read the manual - I think you forgot to set the IRS switches on the pedastal to NAV.

Cheers Tom

EXACTLY!!! Tobs, you start to understand this!!

Irs to nav please, and please even if you are real pilot of the crj read the manuals please. There are things that cannot reproduce as in real, and need tricks, of you don't follow them then the plane won't run correctly.

Also, I still cannot enter my position on the FMC in the "SET POS" location.. again i can enter in my location, ie.. KCLT, then enter that into aiport under pos int, and then copy the coordniates, ie "n39  10.52 w076 40.09" into the scratch pad but cant enter them into the "SET POS". I just click and click and click and nothing appears.

Also, I still cannot enter my position on the FMC in the "SET POS" location.. again i can enter in my location, ie.. KCLT, then enter that into aiport under pos int, and then copy the coordniates, ie "n39  10.52 w076 40.09" into the scratch pad but cant enter them into the "SET POS". I just click and click and click and nothing appears.

Are you starting from a cold and dark plane??

No. the defalt. The plane is already fired up. Im basiclly just going right into the FMC and trying to set up the route then going for a takeoff..

Everything is already aligned and there is no need to "reset" the POS.  Just enter, in your example KCLT, and roll on.  Whether this is "real" or not I don't know. 

please read stick post!

2. I am unable to insert the coordinates for IRS init. I can see any ---°--.-- ---°--.-- under  SET POS .

You have to turn irs knobs on pedestal to NAV position. If you have started the plane with engines running, the IRS is already aligned, but if you still want to set position, IRS knobs to Off and back to nav. That way you can enter coordinates in 5RK.

To go through the full alignment procedure, you have to start the plane cold and dark by de-selecting "start with engines running".

That did it!! Ok, I am not able to set the pos... but now the Autopilot still wont engage.....

They won't engage because you didn't read the manual Schutt. Please I don't want to be rude!! not at all!! but I worked sooooo hard on those manuals, even making them funny to read.... A good tutorial of 50 pages!!! so just unswer and unswer the same issues one and another time is soooo frustrating.. even I tried to clarify everything in the manuals.

Please follow the procedures inside the manual... or if you don't like reading.. just watch the video is on sticky. But I recomend you read the manual.. because for me one of the most insteresting things inside simulation.. is reading and LEARNING and you will enjoy UNDERSTANDING the plane, inside the Manuals... so pleeeease read them.. And if you read them, read them more carefully, because the answer why the autopilot is not working is there.

Thanks!

confirmed, the manuals are easy and fun to read.... ;D

Nice fotos there, CRJ at gas station, Aircondition box under pilot's side window, and much more to come.  :D

I am frequent flyer, but will refuse to get on board of a plane where the captain and 1st officer refused to RTFM.  :P

Well, I have tried everything in the tutorial and still no dice. Cant get the ap to work. Very frustrating as I was really looking forward to flying this plane.. . Ill be sticking with Wilco Pub CRj-200 for FSX for now..