Jump to content
rough_edges

VR bug Trippy colours

Recommended Posts

When I load up the Rocket in the sim normally (no-VR) no problems. When i then load up the same in VR mode I get multi-colored border outlines on the menus and the menu test is unreadable. Any ideas on a fix? This doesn't happen with other aircraft in VR and seems to be isolated to the Rocket.

cae2b987a2421c644c60822cce5fc3fe.png

7971a0b37c918d5542c29436abbe3783.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you try temporarily removing your custom plugins from your X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder and seeing if that resolves it? I am trying other debug steps on my end but I can't reproduce the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having exactly the same issue as described by the OP. Getting the crazy coloration in all VR-menu's and any text is unreadable. The VR- mouse is also very slow to appear after selection and sometimes doesn't appear at all.

 

Cheers - Eivind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ozav8r said:

I'm having exactly the same issue as described by the OP. Getting the crazy coloration in all VR-menu's and any text is unreadable. The VR- mouse is also very slow to appear after selection and sometimes doesn't appear at all.

 

Cheers - Eivind

Good to know - this is at the top of our list trying to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still getting the weird colors in VR when I have no plugins(including the ones required for activation of the product) see log and pic. Due to the fact this bug is persisting withoutLog.txt the activation, could the bug be with the activation code?

efeee5eeaefad1cd416626d56b25c11d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, that wouldn't be it. We are trying to find where this issue is originating and will get a bug fix ASAP, once it is determined.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a little play with the Pocket Rocket OUTSIDE VR, and discovered your nifty little “side-bar” where you have access to aircraft settings. This is of course not visible or accessible in VR and hence I hadn’t seen it before (very rarely do ANYTHING outside VR these days). I discovered that there are some VERY intense colours used in the switch positions - deep green and intense red, and they are indeed the very same colours that corrupts the X-plane menu-system when operating the Pocket Rocket in VR, making access to the menus near impossible. If you manage to navigate out of the Pocket Rocket while remaining in VR and select any other aircraft, everything returns to normal. Is it possible that the there’s a “memory-leak” in the way you have coded the “side-bar” that causes the issue at hand?

 

Cheers - Eivind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ozav8r said:

Had a little play with the Pocket Rocket OUTSIDE VR, and discovered your nifty little “side-bar” where you have access to aircraft settings. This is of course not visible or accessible in VR and hence I hadn’t seen it before (very rarely do ANYTHING outside VR these days). I discovered that there are some VERY intense colours used in the switch positions - deep green and intense red, and they are indeed the very same colours that corrupts the X-plane menu-system when operating the Pocket Rocket in VR, making access to the menus near impossible. If you manage to navigate out of the Pocket Rocket while remaining in VR and select any other aircraft, everything returns to normal. Is it possible that the there’s a “memory-leak” in the way you have coded the “side-bar” that causes the issue at hand?

 

Cheers - Eivind

Weird, can you screenshot what you are seeing? That doesn't seem to happen in non-VR variants, so that is quite odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coop said:

Weird, can you screenshot what you are seeing? That doesn't seem to happen in non-VR variants, so that is quite odd.

I could certainly take some screenshots for you, even though I'm on a trip at the moment and won't be back until the weekend. My screenshots would be VERY similar to what is already documented on this thread though - deep greens and intense red in a gradually shifting palate. And the colours are VERY similar to the ones used in the buttons and logo in the "Settings and Load Manager" of the Pocket Rocket, accessed through the sidebar. This may well be a red herring, but by looking and what's different and unique about the Pocket Rocket vs other aircraft, the "Settings and Load Manager" is an area of "suspicion;-)

In the meantime we'll keep on enjoying the awesome performance of this little bird - never fails to put a smile on my face!!!

Cheers

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ozav8r said:

I could certainly take some screenshots for you, even though I'm on a trip at the moment and won't be back until the weekend. My screenshots would be VERY similar to what is already documented on this thread though - deep greens and intense red in a gradually shifting palate. And the colours are VERY similar to the ones used in the buttons and logo in the "Settings and Load Manager" of the Pocket Rocket, accessed through the sidebar. This may well be a red herring, but by looking and what's different and unique about the Pocket Rocket vs other aircraft, the "Settings and Load Manager" is an area of "suspicion;-)

In the meantime we'll keep on enjoying the awesome performance of this little bird - never fails to put a smile on my face!!!

Cheers

I'll also check this out over the next day or so. Thanks for the heads up.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 7:59 PM, rough_edges said:

I'll also check this out over the next day or so. Thanks for the heads up.

Any update on this issue? Also curious if this is a problem for everyone in VR, regardless of whether you use Oculus, Vive or PiTools? And also FYI - there was no change in version 1.01.

Thanks and look forward to any news in cracking this - the Pocket Rocket is too much fun to have it sitting idle!

 

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozav8r said:

Any update on this issue? Also curious if this is a problem for everyone in VR, regardless of whether you use Oculus, Vive or PiTools? And also FYI - there was no change in version 1.01.

Thanks and look forward to any news in cracking this - the Pocket Rocket is too much fun to have it sitting idle!

 

cheers

We are still working on this issue - there is a bit more debug information, so log.txt and screenshots from 1.0.1 are very much appreciated in finding the root cause.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Coop said:

We are still working on this issue - there is a bit more debug information, so log.txt and screenshots from 1.0.1 are very much appreciated in finding the root cause.

Tried with the new version of the rocket. Still getting the weird colors as documented above . I am now getting a hard crash to desktop this time. See my attached log for further info.

Log.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rough_edges said:

Tried with the new version of the rocket. Still getting the weird colors as documented above . I am now getting a hard crash to desktop this time. See my attached log for further info.

Log.txt

Thank you for the log file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Coop said:

We are still working on this issue - there is a bit more debug information, so log.txt and screenshots from 1.0.1 are very much appreciated in finding the root cause.

No probs, I’ll send a log file and some screenshots tomorrow.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have identified the issue and it is looking to be related to the synthetic vision code. While we are working on a fix, I have created a patch plugin that includes everything except for synthetic vision. Please message me if you would like to try out this fix.

We are working on a fix to the synthetic vision code and hope to have a fix ready for that in the next update. Thank you for all your help and patience with identifying this issue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on this issue? Very frustrating that developers are charging good money for modules that don't work properly in VR, with no indication on the purchase page. Who ISN'T flying in VR these days?

This is the 3rd pay module in a month I've been burned on with VR issues. If there is a hot fix please email it over, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moespeeds said:

Any update on this issue? Very frustrating that developers are charging good money for modules that don't work properly in VR, with no indication on the purchase page. Who ISN'T flying in VR these days?

This is the 3rd pay module in a month I've been burned on with VR issues. If there is a hot fix please email it over, thanks.

Sent hotfix via PM. 

 

To everyone else: While we are waiting on the official fix, if you use VR and encounter these issues, please PM me so I can get you the hotfix!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Coop said:

Sent hotfix via PM. 

 

To everyone else: While we are waiting on the official fix, if you use VR and encounter these issues, please PM me so I can get you the hotfix!

I can confirm that Coop's hotfix definitely fixes the issue for VR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×