Yoke turning all the way left on takeoff

Flc80

Dear all,

I've stumbled with the following bug quite frequently, say 1 in 5 take offs: on take-off, once I enable TO/GO mode, with A/T and F/S enabled (but with both CMD/A and CMD/B still off), the yoke turns all the way left. Has anyone else experienced something similar? At first I thought it could be a problem with the flight plan (eventhough F/D was still not enabled) but even the flight route looks fine, with the first points in about the same heading.

I can kind of solve it by aborting takeoff, disabling A/T and F/D, doing everything again, but it's not ideal. Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

I'm attaching two screenshots, one just some seconds after TO/GA mode is enabled, where you can clearly see the yoke going by itself all the way left; and a second one with the flight plan (just in case this could explain something). I've ruled out a problem with the joystick: only happens with this model and always during takeoff.

Best,

Agustín

B733_10.png

B733_11.png

Edited by Morten

It is obvious that you have the autopilot engaged during takeoff - annd as designed it will try to do what it is told - and when you push TO/GA the lateral mode "HDG SEL" (heading select) will automatically engage. Now the autopilot will try to fly the heading you have dialed in - on your picture the heading bug is at 089, almost completely behind you.

So this is not a bug, it is 100% user error. :P

I advise you to watch some of the tutorial videos on how to fly the 737 - the autopilot is never engaged for take-off!

Cheers, Jan

Dear Litjan,

Thank you very much for your reply. You're absolutely right, I was wrong and I had CMD A on. I was trying to save one click when engaging VNAV+LNAV, and my thinking was that if CMD A was on, but all the other modes (VNAV, LNAV, HDG, etc.) where off, it was basically like having autopilot off. I was obviously mistaken. I'll need to go back to the books. Sorry for the stupid question, my wrong!

By the way, do you know if there are any official IXEG videos, besides the very good PDF files provided? 

Greetings,

Agustín

Edited by Flc80
Make it clearer.