General Aviation - P.180 Avanti II

airfighter

P.180 Avanti II

View File

P.180 Avanti II for X-Plane 11 - CURRENT VERSION: 2.3.0 (uploaded at: February 125th, 2020)

If you want to support P.180 Avanti development, please donate here: PAYPAL

v2.3.0 Main Features

• Compatible only with EXPERIMENTAL FLIGHT MODEL (11.40+), capable of flying up to M.67 at altitude.
  • Terrain Radar operation via PFD/MFD buttons.
  • Tablet for aircraft loading (engines must be off and the aircraft stationary), and access to AVITAB.
  • Librain Support.
  • See Change Log for more!

If you don't have Gizmo already installed in your X-Plane copy, there is an version of Gizmo in the folder extra files. Put the Gizmo.plugin folder in you X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins folder.

If you already have Gizmo, DO NOT SUBSTITUTE the existing one with this. MIGHT BREAK OTHER GIZMO ADDONS!!!

If you find reflections too high, in the extra files folders are textures to change that. Copy the low reflections texture into the objects folder, and replace the existing one! 

v2.2.0.VR

NOW VR COMPATIBLE with the help of SimVRLabs!

OFFICIAL SUPPORT:
Official Bug tracker: https://bitbucket.org/iliastselios/p180_avanti/issues?status=new&status=open

Support Forums: 

DESCRIPTION:

As you might already know this aircraft is based on X-Plane's default P.180 Avanti , originally designed for X-Plane 8, was included in X-Plane 9, and from that point has been overhauled to Avanti II version. This is aircraft is totally FREE! It is a "return" to the X-Plane community that supported us those last 4 years that we exist as a development team!

This aircraft main features are:

1. High quality visuals, cockpit all new 3D model and textures, including PBR materials.
  2. Simulated: a. startup and shutdown procedures b. engine controls and operations c. autopilot controls and operations d. partially operation of the electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel systems.
  3. Emulation of Proline 21 avionics suite. Currently there is only one layout that will allow you to operate the aircraft in all scenarios. Many improvements will come in the future.
  4. Installation in the 3D cockpit of the default X-Plane 11 FMC.
  5. Improved flight characteristics.
  6. Internal custom lighting.

Of course Avanti development is not stopping here! Actually the overall development will be continuous, and the aircraft will always be in beta stage. Updates and upgrades will be available frequently!

Main planned future upgrades are:

1. Adding more functionallity to Proline 21 avionics suite, heading from an emulation to a simulation.
  2. Custom NAV maps.
  3. Custom FMC.
  4. Fully simulation of all systems.
  5. New 3D model from ground up.
  6. Improved flight model.
  7. Avanti EVO.

Special thanks to: Austin Meyer for giving his permission to use parts of the Avanti on this project and X-Plane by Laminar Research that gave us this magnificent simulator!

The team that originally developed Avanti for X-Plane, Robert Pearson (aerodynamics), Massimo Durando (cockpit & 3D cockpit), and Javier rollon (External Model. JRollonPlanes www.jrollon.com) for his fantastic 3D work. @Hueyman for the propeller 3D model and the prop disc images.

Ben Russell of Gizmo64 for his support and that made available to us that powerful tool (aka Gizmo), and Cameron Son of X-Aviation for the support.

And of course X-Plane community for the interest in that project and patient to wait to be realized!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out how to hide the yokes. Photos show the Yokes hidden, but clicking them doesn't hide them?

FYI - Beautiful job on the aircraft. So far, having a wonderful time flying it.

P.S. - Ok, I found a video on YouTube showing the easter egg to click on the edge of the PFD to hide the yokes.

Edited by Chris Beckett

FYI - found a few things:

• The indicated airspeed has a problem rolling over from 250 to 260 range. It will show 267 when airspeed is actually 257, etc. Only seems to be in that range from what I have seen so far.

• The altitude knob/display is very strange. It doesn't increment/decrement smoothly, but instead seems to roll up and down to x500 feet. Is this by design?

FYI - found a few things:

• The indicated airspeed has a problem rolling over from 250 to 260 range. It will show 267 when airspeed is actually 257, etc. Only seems to be in that range from what I have seen so far.

• The altitude knob/display is very strange. It doesn't increment/decrement smoothly, but instead seems to roll up and down to x500 feet. Is this by design?
Those things are fixed in the upcoming update. You can use mouse scroll wheel also for fine adjustment. The step is every 100 ft.

17 minutes ago, airfighter said:

Those things are fixed in the upcoming update. You can use mouse scroll wheel also for fine adjustment. The step is every 100 ft.

Thanks for that update. I also found the *other* support thread which seems to be much more active than this one with all the upcoming changes to be released soon. Thank you so much for this contribution to the X-Plane community and your continued commitment to enhancing this aircraft. Amazing job!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I'd really like to try this plane, but I get the following error message from the installer:

"unable to download: component file version does not match"

Was I supposed to download the xplane 9 version and upgrade it?  This seems like a good x-aviation installer, I don't understand.  Running 11.11r2 on Mac OS.

thanks! 

-- Dirt

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.43.30 AM.png

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AlainBo said:

Hello,

I don't really understand how to start the descent with this plane. Could you please explain me the procedure?

Alain

1. Select the altitude you want to descend to.
  2. Use FLC, or VS or Pitch (avoid to use VNAV cause currently is not working right).
  3. Decrease the power to start descending.
  4. On the MFD there is a Altitude Intercept Arc, to help you where you are going to intercept the target altitude, given the current vertical speed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/1/2018 at 11:46 PM, dirt_mcgirt said:

Hey, I'd really like to try this plane, but I get the following error message from the installer:

"unable to download: component file version does not match"

Was I supposed to download the xplane 9 version and upgrade it?  This seems like a good x-aviation installer, I don't understand.  Running 11.11r2 on Mac OS.

thanks! 

-- Dirt

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.43.30 AM.png

I have the same problem. Any solution?

5 hours ago, kickremi said:

Hi,

I too have the error message in Mac OS X, the installer desinstalled a previous version 

ONLY FOR MAC OS

Until this problem will be fixed, if you have Gizmo installed, download the plane and test it from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfi4hiyjh79sjq9/P180_Avanti_II.zip?dl=0

Soon will be a fix and an update too.

• 3 weeks later...