Altimeter Adjustment

Hi

The LES DC3 is superb!  I've never flown a DC3 -and never likely to :-( -  but the 'feel' of this model is great and I really enjoy 'flying' it.  Just one little question- the adjustment knob for the altimeter seems to make the tiniest adjustments per turn and moving from 2886 to 3090 (for example) takes an eternity- is this a fault with my copy or is that how it's meant to be?

Many thanks- looking forward to the next LES product!

Steve

If your current cockpit view is the default/head-on, then clicking and dragging that barometer knob has little-to-no effect.  However, if you pan or tilt your view a bit, the knob suddenly becomes effective.  It seemed to me that the more oblique an angle that I viewed the gauge, the stronger the input reaction.  Zooming in on the gauge also seems to help, especially since the barometric scale is so small.

Then I think I know what's going on.  The DC3 was an XP9 add on.  XP9 was notoriously difficult to work with when it came to manipulators.   It was all dependant on angle.  Changing the angle would yield different results with the effectiveness of the manipulator.  So, taking into consideration what we had to work with back THEN, compared to what we have NOW, it'll be a lot better.  More manipulators have been made available to us in XP11, which gives us more flexibility with regards to functionality.  I'll have to see if they'll work in XP10 for the update, but no promises.  I'll definitely try to get it as close as I can.  For XP11, it'll be much improved.  

Thanks for the feedback.