Downloading Weather

danhenri

Hello,

In XP11, Weather conditions don't refresh automatically. I selected the mode "match real world conditions" and "automatic" in RWC (same settings as in XP10). Is there an issue with Real Weather Connector ? Or have I to change something in RWC settings ?

Thanks for your help,

Daniel.

I left this setting indeed, but what I mean is that in x-plane 11, no new weather is downloaded, whatever the time selected (15, 30... minutes). I have to refresh the weather conditions manually in XP menu. I saw on x-plane.org that other guys had this issue, but I didn't see the means to solve it.

Thank you for your answer,

Daniel.

Oh, that I don't know. That's an X-Plane issue if anything; Real Weather Connector doesn't do anything to how X-Plane downloads its own weather data.

You could however set RWC to "always" mode as a partial solution - that way, at least the cloud conditions will be updated over time.

3 hours ago, danhenri said:

I left this setting indeed, but what I mean is that in x-plane 11, no new weather is downloaded, whatever the time selected (15, 30... minutes). I have to refresh the weather conditions manually in XP menu. I saw on x-plane.org that other guys had this issue, but I didn't see the means to solve it.

Thank you for your answer,

Daniel.

Please report the bug to Laminar; I've already filed this bug but I think it is useful that it is observed in various systems.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WickedClown said:

I have the same problem anyone found a Solution yet? 

There are a couple of different problems described in this thread. If you're not seeing weather change around you instantaneously when new conditions are downloaded, and you want that, make sure "never change visible weather" is not selected in the RWC configuration. If you find the X-Plane is not downloading new conditions as you fly at all, set RWC to "always" mode to ensure it downloads weather data on its own. Or do both.

41 minutes ago, WickedClown said:

It was the second you described. 

Do i have to disable X-Planes automatic weather download (Set it to manual) when i use Always in RWC? 

I would leave it enabled, so updated wind conditions etc. will be applied. RWC only affects the representation of clouds in SMP, nothing more.

6 minutes ago, sundog said:

I would leave it enabled, so updated wind conditions etc. will be applied. RWC only affects the representation of clouds in SMP, nothing more.

The problem is X-Plane 11 is kinda bugged atm its not downloading automatically and BUg reports already exist. 

1 hour ago, WickedClown said:

The problem is X-Plane 11 is kinda bugged atm its not downloading automatically and BUg reports already exist. 

Yes, I'm just saying given the choice I'd leave it on, for if and when it's fixed. It won't conflict with RWC either way.

Edited by sundog