How to enter a new fix in FMS in LAT/LON

leonid.kogan

Am not sure you can currently...

We can hope it will get included in one of Philipp's updates! ;)

But you could edit the XML file of the saved route in the plugins folder...

Just be don't forget to back up first!, because I expect there may be some "dependencies" & it might cause problems!!. i.e. crash the FMS if you get it wrong!. :o

Then you just have to figures out how to calc "rad_".

rad_ = angle in radians, you could rearrage the formula: angle in degrees = angle in radians * 180 / Pi,

or you could search Google for a "degrees to radians converter"

Edit: I'd skip the next bit and just read Phillip's next post!!

I havn't tried it myself (yet), but if I was going to have a play, :rolleyes: I would try and insert a FIX normally using the CDU first, pick something that's a minor fix, then save the FLPN, exit X-plane, edit the FLPN usind a good text editor that understands XML formating e.g. Notepad++ or similar, and search for every occurrence of the FIX you inserted earlyer and re-name that FIX & correct the item pairs:

<lat_><rad_>
radians
</rad_></lat_>

<lon_><rad_>
radians
</rad_></lon_>

Or it your'e alot clever than me (which isn't difficult these days!) :(, come up with a python script to do it for you! :). Note: the JRollon's CRJ-200's FMS is alot more capable/complicated than the standard X-plane FMS so it might not like you "tinkering with it's files!! - Be warned!!

Edited by cessna729

All LAT/LON pairs defined by the NAT or PACOTS are in the database.

Those not defined cannot be entered, unless you put them in the Waypoints.txt file, which is easier than the solution suggested with the xml file:

6240N|62000000|-40000000|

defines the NAT point 62N 40W.

Although I hope you're not trying a Pacifc Crossing with a Regional Jet ... :)

Waypoint.txt - ah, yes, stupid me. I was asking myself why one needs even more way points than those in the Navigraph files, since it already takes ages to fly across them all.

So, where my I download the in-flight refueling plug-in? I always wanted to cross the big pond and re-fueling stops on the ground are overrated anyways... :D

So, where my I download the in-flight refueling plug-in? I always wanted to cross the big pond and re-fueling stops on the ground are overrated anyways... :D

You could always try re-fueling on a carrier!! :P

Any who! Phillip's trick with the Waypoints.txt works. I added "0MY01|40748314|-73985538|" and I get my own WayPoint for this Landmark!!

post-7830-0-15603700-1334494968_thumb.jp

cessna729.