X-aviation and Carenado?

Kesomir

Wow, I hope they can throw a few more digits on that AP selector. I've been doing a lot of FSE flying down in New Zealand and often have to go 12,000 - 13,000 over the mountains. I think the service ceiling is somewhere around 20,000 isn't it?

On the instability under AP, I wonder if that could be a problem with the C.O.G. settings, where the AP runs out of trim and starts to oscillate? I've seen that in one other model, the free Pilatus PC-6 Porter. It sometimes has a tendency to wobble on AP, and I've had it actually depart controlled flight and head to the ground. I only notice it when the plane is loaded close to MTOW,

I don't have the Mentor yet, so can't offer advice in that regard, but if you like steam gauges and have either the Sundowner, the Falco, or perhaps even the Duchess (though she's a twin), I think you'd find the Mooney redundant. Unless you're a big Mooniac, that is! I enjoy the panel in the stock Cessna 172 SP as well, and believe it may equal the Mooney in this one area (though certainly not in feature set and exterior modeling!). If you enjoy GA singles in general and want to collect them, then this is a worthy file to add to your collection.

On the A/P issue, I tend to level out and trim for level flight before engaging the A/P, so hopefully that's not been the cause. I tend to fly the Rockies and the Sierra  a lot, so this issue precludes use for me. I bought the file to review, but frankly it will find little use with me. I may take a look at Carenado's 33 Bonanza if it gets released, but only if there are clear signs the panel is being carried over from the FsX version, and only if the night lighting is better implemented...

My opinion, of course, and your mileage may vary.

Update on panel lighting:

Received a note from Dan Klaue today, very pleasant I might add. He advised that additional panel lighting in the "six-pak" area can be turned on in flight by turning on the LANDING LIGHTS.

(No, that is not a misprint. Consequently, I think it's time I retired to a Buddhist monastery in Tibet, or perhaps Nantucket.)

So... The LANDING LIGHTS control also controls panel lighting. Got that?

I've posted an image on our home page: http://xplane10.wordpress.com/ along with a brief update of other M-20J and ERJ-140 information.

bugs apart, a good point ahead of the carenado's planes is the sounds. this is a point that x-aviation's guys should be focus on.

not only a good visual presentation gives the pleasure of an immersive simulation. all the aspects have to be considered.

good sounds should be your next step to give a true, real, complete, immersive simulation.

IMHO

bugs apart, a good point ahead of the carenado's planes is the sounds. this is a point that x-aviation's guys should be focus on.

not only a good visual presentation gives the pleasure of an immersive simulation. all the aspects have to be considered.

good sounds should be your next step to give a true, real, complete, immersive simulation.

IMHO

Totally agree, especially after hearing the Mentor, love that engine wind up.

Update on panel lighting:

Received a note from Dan Klaue today, very pleasant I might add. He advised that additional panel lighting in the "six-pak" area can be turned on in flight by turning on the LANDING LIGHTS.

(No, that is not a misprint. Consequently, I think it's time I retired to a Buddhist monastery in Tibet, or perhaps Nantucket.)

So... The LANDING LIGHTS control also controls panel lighting. Got that?

I've posted an image on our home page: http://xplane10.wordpress.com/ along with a brief update of other M-20J and ERJ-140 information.

It's probably a carry over from MSFS in which you hit the "L" key for simplicity in getting the lights on. Lot's easier than mousing over to switches. At that point, different MSFS panels allow for seperate switches to turn items off, if desired. One major difference between desktop simming & real life, without a full panel mockup, is the time it takes to "mouse" to to a switch or dial. Real life is certainly easier & much quicker!

LA

Re: sounds. I briefly made note of a recurring "clicking" noise in the sound file, as if - when the sound recording reaches the end of it's "loop" - there is an audible click before it recycles. I'd also recommend turning the "prop" effect way down in the Sounds prefs panel in XP, as in this file, when Prop volume is set above 50%, it really sounds like a case of bad flatulence. I think a lot of GA singles have this malady, however, as only a few very good files have escaped it so far. I think some Read Me files advise doing so, as a matter of fact.

Update on autopilot issues in Mooney.

We posted an advisory yesterday (http://xplane10.wordpress.com/) about some erratic behavior in the Mooney's A/P after reading of it on the ORGs forum and testing for the issue ourselves. We asked for any other people who've experienced the issue to contact us after we confirmed the issue in our test flight. We have had independent confirmation of the issue today.