Have you ever tried this ? VATSIM flying

arb65912

Hi all, I would love to participate in a x-plane/x-pilot fly in. I normally fly online on IVAO network because there is more ATC coverage in the areas I like to fly (mexico/europe) but occasionally fly in VATSIM as well.

I have been flying online since 2001 and used to do it with MSFS then I switched to a Mac for work issues and stopped flying for a long time until I discovered X-Plane. It was a lonely flying because I didn't think there was support from IVAO/VATSIM for X-Plane, but since I found XivAp and Xsquawkbox, I fly online as much as I can. I have a few questions for those that have more experience using those applications though, the first is where can I download a full library of CLS planes and liveries, is kind of weird to see only the X-Plane default aircraft and all users with the same plane. and de second is about virtual airlines, is there a software that I could use in a mac that replicates the behavior of the reporting softwares that VA use in the windoze environment?

Let me know when and where the fly in takes place, I would love to fly with you guys

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all, I would love to participate in a x-plane/x-pilot fly in. I normally fly online on IVAO network because there is more ATC coverage in the areas I like to fly (mexico/europe) but occasionally fly in VATSIM as well.

I have been flying online since 2001 and used to do it with MSFS then I switched to a Mac for work issues and stopped flying for a long time until I discovered X-Plane. It was a lonely flying because I didn't think there was support from IVAO/VATSIM for X-Plane, but since I found XivAp and Xsquawkbox, I fly online as much as I can. I have a few questions for those that have more experience using those applications though, the first is where can I download a full library of CLS planes and liveries, is kind of weird to see only the X-Plane default aircraft and all users with the same plane. and de second is about virtual airlines, is there a software that I could use in a mac that replicates the behavior of the reporting softwares that VA use in the windoze environment?

Let me know when and where the fly in takes place, I would love to fly with you guys

The org has a section of the Download Manager that contains CSLs, and it's just about the only place you can find a few of them. Not sure what you mean by reporting software? And ok guys what do you all think if this fly in takes place sunday the 12th at KMPI?

It's OK with me. Also a more specific hour would be good, to have everyone in the air at once. I have all Sunday free and I'm in GMT+1.

Ok so here's what I'm thinking, KMPI at 4 PM for GMT +2, at 3PM for GMT +1, and it should be about 11PM for most of our Aussies, in case some of them are still up!

• 3 months later...

logged into Vatsim today (my account is from 2001 and needed to be reactivated first, lol), but did not fly. only checked XSquawkBox and how it works, and listened to the ATC in Vancouver. Nice, there's really some traffic out there. Don't know, but maybe I dare a flight on Vatsim tomorrow. Will be VFR first for sure ;)

P.S.: Decided for Vatsim/XSquawkBox, because XSquawkBox has active support and development, and it also integrated voice right into the plugin.

Now I am looking for a solution to see what's up in the air, something like servinfo or an overlay with Google Maps. Just something.... But there seems to be nothing available yet for Mac/OSX.