CRJ-200 Can't Release Brakes

Hexley

I have been unable to release the brakes on the CRJ-200 for about 2 weeks.  It worked fine before that.  None of my other planes have this problem.  I thought it might be my joystick or throttle, but have disconnected them and still have the same problem, I even changed my mouse.  I push b and the brake set message disappears for about half a second.  Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

Thanks much

I know you have said none of the other aircraft have this problem, but you may have corrupted the preferences or key/button assignments that effect the brakes, so please try the following:

Try loading the default C-172SP (engines running) at the default KSEA and check out the brakes:

• Note there are the left & right toe brakes .
  • And also the parking brake to check.

If you have ant problems check the key/button assignments.

Then when that's working OK in the C-172SP, load up the CRJ-200 (engines running) and try the same thing.

If you still have a problem att a copy of your Log.txt for the Dev's to look at.

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

There is no brake programming, so it should not be affected. I guess is what Cessna729 says. I would suggest also if the problem continues that you download a demo version of the xplane and install the crj200 there. Usually it cannot be only because a key assignment, but also because a plugin (for example a pushback plugin or something like that). Loading in a only xplane demo, ensure that you don't load anything but the plane.

• 1 year later...

I had exact same problem last night with latest plane update on XP11 latest beta. 

Key binding was fine cuz I could see the break handle move; using mouse I could move it but it would snap back into set position not releasing brakes. 

What solved it for me was starting the engines. Now thinking back the APU was on but hydrolics were off until I started the engines. Something tells me hydrolics need to be on to release the brakes? Thoughts?

Cheers