Reinstall X-Plane?

tobbe490

Before going so far as to reinstalling X-Plane, I would recommend you to delete your preferences (which in X-Plane 10 are in a folder called "preferences" in the " Output " ) after duplicating the "preferences" folder. It might cure some malfunctions … you will to redo all the calibration and assignation of keys and buttons if you use a multi buttons joystick. It can take time, but much less then reinstalling.

Reinstalling can be tedious especially if you have a larger library of pay-ware aircrafts, sceneries and add-ons .  You should always make a full backup of your current X-Plane folder on a separate hard-disk before going so far as to reinstall the full X-Plane. 

A medium solution would be to update your X-Plane to the latest stable version, and carefully look at the last additions or modifications you made to your current X-Plane set-up. 

Have you installed a new plugin or new aircraft or add-on that installed a plugin that does not behave well?   

• Upvote 1

You can reinstall the Boeing 777 Professional. I think the routines are the same then for the 757 Pro (registration). But you might look for the preference file inside the Boeing 777 folder and delete it in a first step. It might solve the problem in an easier way then a full reinstall. I do not have the 777 so I have no direct experience of this aircraft, but I assume it follow the same pattern as the 757 Extended or Pro that I have.  Wishing you luck…  

Yes you can reinstall the 777, just delete the entire 777 folder. Download the aircraft again (or decompress 777 .zip file if you still have it) and put it on the aircrafts folder again. On first launch you will be required to re-enter the activation key.

Can not imagine how reinstalling xplane or the 777 will fix something. If you have a plugin or a configuration issue it will pop-up again sooner or later.

i would better recommend you share more details about your problems to understand and fix them.

• Upvote 1