Follow BOEING 737 MAX First Flight

Tom Knudsen

3 hours ago, TheFriedchicken said:

Amazing first flight, I like the fact that they kept the traditional 737 style but give it a more modern feel. I hear that the 737-MAX is more economic in terms of fuel consumption. That's always a bonus. :P

Not really, in my opinion. I hate the new cockpit (it looks more like a 787 than a 737). I like that it burns less fuel, but I don't like how aerodynamic it must be to do so. It already doesn't descend too well. I wonder how it'll descend after the changes. Either way, I still like it more than the A320 :)

• Upvote 2

Another great addition to the B737 line of aircraft. Fuel efficiency of around 20% is attributed to improved engine design. That's amazing. I think the wing had some changes as well.

In my opinion, I like the new cockpits (I also like the old cockpits for that matter). Now if IXEG or other competent party could make one for X-Plane, I will be very happy.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy with the new plane. The cockpit is a total win for me, I like the move away from physical instruments to electronic. We live in the 21st century, and while backup is important, you shouldn't fill the cockpit with mostly backup-worthy material. I love how Boeing found an effective hull design with the 727 and stuck with it. On the other hand, there are flying sausages (Airbus) that seem to all look completely different from one another, and none are particularly aesthetic.

• Upvote 1