WARNING - Today's X-Plane Update.

captainamerican

​While it is too early to decide whether the new update is already bugged, because every system and setup varies, this warning goes out only to Mac OS X users. However, I would recommend Windows users to take a look at this as well and comment if you have noticed anything.

Dear fellow Mac Users,

I highly recommend holding off on the current update because there are issues between X-Plane and 3rd party plugins. One of these is SASL; causes the system to crash every time. This is straight from my Log.txt:

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SASL}==--

Guys, if you are the type to frequently install betas, please skip this one. I hope this whole post wasn't redundant, because perhaps I'm the only one who had done this to myself so far :P

Happy Flying and Happy Thanksgiving. 

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED:

Dear Mac Users who are running OS X EL CAPITAN. Please make sure your aircraft are using the Newest Version of SASL to avoid any compatibility issues. (Read Ben's Post at the bottom of the page)

Edited by captainamerican
  • Upvote 1

Ive just noticed some problems running B777 ever since the update. Seems like an issue:

Notice in the screenshot, the altitude is increasing even though Im on the ground with the engines off. I also hear sounds like flap movements and fire warnings randomly, and finally as I click the aircraft menu, the program crashes. This has happened to me countless times..

post-10816-0-68204200-1448558496_thumb.p

Okay Guys, Problem is Solved. I was running the FF777 and 757 older versions, So i updated and reactivated all my aircraft to newest versions which run the newest and most compatible SASL. However, since I like the B777  v1.7 because of Pumpers Cockpit, I downloaded the patch here and installed it on v1.7 without any problems so far. 

Hi,

I highly recommend holding off on the current update because there are issues between X-Plane and 3rd party plugins. One of these is SASL; causes the system to crash every time. This is straight from my Log.txt:

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SASL}==--

This is definitely wrong.  There is no compatibility problem between X-Plane and SASL.

What has been happening is SASL has been crashing X-Plane on El Capitan for --months-- now.  This is just the first time we reported this crash for what it is: a plugin crashing the sim. 

In 10.41 the exact same crash happens, except you get an Apple crash report.  If you speak Apple crash dump, you'll see a plugin (that is in fact SASL) on the stack causing OpenAL to abort.

The problem is that Yosemite broke X-Plane's automatic crash reporting (via break pad) and with that we lost the code that annotates whether a plugin  or the sim was running at crash time. The annotation is now restored (unfortunately without auto-crash reporting for X-plane..that's a much harder thing to solve).

For the last few months I have just received a huge number of "bug reports" from users, sending in Mac crash reports that were attributable to SASL. I put the annotator back into 10.42 to stop the torrent.

The fix for SASL is already available for freeware aircraft - for payware, the vendor has to roll a patch.  Here's the details.

http://developer.x-plane.com/2015/11/sasl-crash-fixed-youll-need-a-new-sasl/

• Upvote 3

Hi,

This is definitely wrong.  There is no compatibility problem between X-Plane and SASL..

http://developer.x-plane.com/2015/11/sasl-crash-fixed-youll-need-a-new-sasl/

This is the same exact conclusion that I have drawn based on all these experiences. So far, JAR and FF have done their part and updated their aircraft. 

EDIT: This is exactly why the warning goes out to Mac Users haha. 

Thanks for clearing it up sir!

Edited by captainamerican