DC-3 (LES) Issues

mikeporter10

Running latest rev (1.4) of Leading Edge Simulation's DC3.  Apologize if this has already been reported.  A few issues:

1. Taxi control response is very latent - requires extreme pedal pressue to elicit a response.  Difficult to control on take-off as well.  I have more control adjusting engine power.

2. Interior lighting could use a boost.  Example - Difficult to see comm/nav adjustment knobs.  

3. Cowl flaps adjustment - hard to tell open/close activity without looking from outside craft.

My system: Late 2012 iMac 27", I7 at 3.4 Ghz.  16GB memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

Thanks,

Mike Porter

1.  Can you confirm if you are using the free castoring version of the DC-3?  To check this, go to exterior view and swing the rudder from left to right.  If the tail wheel does not move, it is free castoring and using the rudder pedals will not affect direction unless you're going fast enough.  The way you taxi a real DC-3 is increasing/decreasing power in the appropriate engine to elicit a turn response in the direction you wish to go.  The same applies on takeoff.  Engine power management.

2.  I'll look into this one.

3.  The other way you can tell is a drop in oil temperature.  I assure you, they do work.