Weird route

tobbe490

Hallo,

Planned a trip from Kastrup (EKCH) to Arlanda (ESSA) today. Here is what I got in EFASS: KEMAX - N851 - TRS - M996 - ELTOK. STAR for ESSA was ELTO6M.

But the result in my FMC (Boing 777) was very weird: 

I do not know what this ARL came from. The plane was unable to follow this route. Can anybody explain?

post-17990-0-92116000-1430581535_thumb.j

post-17990-0-02379400-1430581553_thumb.j

Edited by tobbe490

ARL25 is a holding point, no aircraft can move forward without further instructions from the ATC. I presume you are flying alone (not online ATC vatsim/ivao) as such you are not instructing the FMC what to do next and the fmc is not going to violate the procedure restriction byitself.

In order to bypass the restriction, just press the left ket pointing LNA then press the left key pointing ARL25, the fmc will replace ARL25 by LNA shifting remaining waypoints up.

Before reaching there your route will look like XXX->ELTOK->LNA->XXX->XXX, you can bypass ARL25 restriction even before departing. It is not necessary to wait once there.

EDIT: corrected wording for easy understanding. I hope :)

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

just for your reference, in advance:

some SID (departure procedures) requires VECTORS (ATC giving you directions how to join the SID), as such you program all the FMC then you takeoff, activate the A/P and the plane keeps flying and flying not trying to intercept the SID procedure.

If you look closely to the legs page there is one step that contains "VECTORS", it means the pilot should wait for ATC further instructions before allowed to join and resume the SID.

In those cases you see VECTORS just press the left soft key on the fmc pointing to the next step after vectors, then clic vectors soft key to replace and shift everything up. Now you can depart, activate your A/P, relax and watch the FMC making its job :D

Hope you find this helpful. i.e. KLAX 28L/R SIDs fall in this category.

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1