Mac trackpad with x-plane 10, no 3D cockpit look.

jdunnill

I want to be able to use my Apple Magic Trackpad as a 3D cockpit view device, it looks like the old version of x-plane let you assign a button to turn this viewing mode one and off but I can't find it in x-plane 10. I only have the option for 3D cockpit command mode.

If it is correct that I can't see this as a right click is how it's done now, then this has removed the function for trackpad users because my trackpad doesn't have a right click button. It's done by tapping with two fingers in the Mac OS. This doesn't seem to work in x-plane even though it works fine in all other apps. 

If I assign in setting in OS X to hard right click the bottom right corner it does work but I have to hold that down with one finger then scroll around with another and it's impossibly difficult.

The old method would work better if I could just set the mode to on and then forget about it and scroll around to my heart's content but this option seems to be gone. I can't even assign a key or joystick button to turn the mode on. The only reference in any key mapping is for command lock mode.

Any help would be much appreciated. I really don't want to have to dig out a mouse every time I play x-plane 10 when what I want to do was easy in x-plane 9. Seems like taking away the 3d mouse look lock command is a bit pointless. Sure it would have been better left in for those in my situation rather than getting rid of something that worked quite well.