HSI Source Pilot vs Copilot

flyingeagle42

In the real Learjet 45 Pilot (P) and Copilot (CP) each have a PFD with an HSI display on their side.

P and CP both have a display controler (DC) on each of their side. On these DCs the P and CP can choose (among other things) which is the active NAV SOURCE for THEIR respective HSI. They can choose between NAV1, NAV2 and FMS.

I've found two datarefs available that can select the NAV SOURCE for an HSI on P side and on the CP side:

• Sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/HSI_source_select_pilot
  • Sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/HSI_source_select_copilot
0=NAV1, 1=NAV2, 2=FMS

Unfortunately the standard instrument "but_hsi_12GPS" only drives the "HSI_source_select_PILOT" dataref.

Question 1: Is there an instrument to drive the "HSI_source_select_COPILOT" dataref? Or do I have to use a generic instrument?

Question 2: Can you show two different HSI displays - one on P side (driven by HSI_source_select_pilot) and one on CP side (HSI_source_select_COPILOT)? I have only found the "el_hsi_circle_full" instrument and that is driven only by datarefs for the PILOT side.

Actually there are a number of questions more -> there are a lot of _COPILOT datarefs by I can not find a way to drive those datarefs nor can I find a way to bind standard instruments to the COPILOT side.

Thank you for your help!

Discussion opened :-)

• 1 month later...