Internet Connection

TOBS

Hello Timest,

very often but not always I get the following message

interneteq.png

but my internection is stable and fast, I do not know why I get this message and of course then the weather download does not work

I am using the REX SP1 on WIN7 / 64Bit /

please help to get rid of this problem...it is very annoying

Thnx Tom

No Help!!?? - this is bad - is there anybody out for the support of this product??

I hope there is....

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I've also observed an increase of unability to connect lately. Rex was set to trusted application and trusted network (Kaspersky Internet Security 2010), admin Windows profile, OS Windows XP Pro 32-bit (freshly reinstalled "from ashes" about a month ago). Internet connection was up and running during REX launch. IP inside REX wasn't changed since installation.

After launching REX, it starts normally, but when I click [WEATHER] menu, there is a delay and a message appears, like mentioned above, about unability to connect.

After cancelling error message and typing ICAO code, a window shows, just like the window I use to choose an airport nearest to my intended location, but this time it shows only one N/A position.

After selecting it, a message appears, that it's not a valid ICAO code. After several attempt with N/A, REX finally connects, but despite of that, any subsequent updates during the flight are failures (unable to connect).

Rex itself has produced the following error messages in its folder:

24 June

ERROR TRAPING FOR REAL ENVIRONMENT XTREME

Class Location: frmREX.loadLatestInfo

Error: Call to an object wasn't set to/for object appearance/occurrence.

25 June

Class Location: ucWeather.loadLatestInfo

28 June

The error message (last line) was translated to English, so it may not be superb-accurate from IT point of view, but it literally says that.

Also there are 3 messages from today: two of them were generated after first REX launch, but it finally was "pushed through". After that I've closed it and launched some two hours later, this time without incidents. I've closed REX and again after some time launched it one more time, only to encounter connection error. Screens are from that third launch.

post-1467-131369582854_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369582879_thumb.jpg

post-1467-131369582901_thumb.jpg

We are sorry for the delay in response.  We recommend that you visit our primary support forum for help at: http://realenvironmentxtreme.com/forum/index.php

In the meantime - have you updated to Service Pack 1.

Also, are you pressing the "Weather" section multiple times and not waiting for the weather to load.

Also, we have been doing some stress tests on our dedicated server over the past couple of days.  This could also be a cause of the issue.

REX SP1 installed, clicked [weather] only once, on each attempt. My guess is that it must have been associated with server stress tests you've mentioned, because REX sometimes doesn't work, but sometimes does, so it can't be a permanent bug or error. Also the problems started only recently. But I've provided you with as much info, as I could gather, just in case.

Since my last post, I've been turning on REX everyday (sometimes for the sole purpose of checking it, on no-fly days) and I hadn't any troubles. On top of that, I've observed, that the whole application works obviously much faster. Thanks! :)

How about the others, TOBS, hobofat? What are your observations?

Since my last post, I've been turning on REX everyday (sometimes for the sole purpose of checking it, on no-fly days) and I hadn't any troubles. On top of that, I've observed, that the whole application works obviously much faster. Thanks! :)

How about the others, TOBS, hobofat? What are your observations?

That is very good news to hear.  Thank you for letting us know.