iPhone 6 / 6+

Oliver

With the newly released Apple gadgets, I thought I'd make a thread to see what people think of the new phones. I picked up my new iPhone 6 64gb yesterday morning at a Best Buy Mobile store in my local mall.

All in all, I think the iPhone 6 is perfectly sized and isn't too big nor too little. I also held the 6+ and I thought it was way too big and inconvenient and was too close in size to an iPad Mini.

So who picked up their i devices yesterday and what are your thoughts on them? 

Here's my beat up iPhone 5 that was traded in for my fresh iPhone 6. I was shocked that they managed to give me $225 for it!

2lke1d5.jpg

2nh4011.jpg

Upgraded my friends phone for her. Process was buggy and problematic.

iOS8 is about the same, niggly little bugs with stupid things like the lock screen not giving access to the camera occasionally until you unlock and relock the phone....

New hardware is "ok". 240fps camera is kinda fun.

Overall: meh. I'll stick with my half dead 4S, it does pretty much exactly the same things.

Upgraded my friends phone for her. Process was buggy and problematic.

iOS8 is about the same, niggly little bugs with stupid things like the lock screen not giving access to the camera occasionally until you unlock and relock the phone....

New hardware is "ok". 240fps camera is kinda fun.

Overall: meh. I'll stick with my half dead 4S, it does pretty much exactly the same things.

To be honest I don't see a HUGE difference with my iPhone 5 apart from the aforementioned camera tweaks. The reason I upgraded is because I was stuck with the worst US carrier (Sprint) and as of a week ago, my phone stopped receiving service. Despite being on the phone with Sprint's technical advisers & managers for hours, they told me that the service could be gone for up to 96 hours and that it was perfectly normal. 

Since my contract was due to end in 2 months, I just paid them the $75 termination fee and walked away to get the iPhone 6 with AT&T. I couldn't deal with the awful Sprint service and customer service I had been receiving for the past 22 months. Since my business is heavily reliant on clients contacting me, I needed a phone and a carrier that simply wouldn't just quit on me for days at a time. 

niggly little bugs with stupid things like the lock screen not giving access to the camera occasionally until you unlock and relock

Problems like that lean me towards suggesting a wipe and new install of ios.  Then restore from a backup.  

Over the air updates are overlays of the files where as using iTunes you do get the option to wipe and install.

I moved from an iPhone 4S to a Samsung Galaxy S3 a couple of years ago.  I am ready to go back to an iPhone.  I appreciate the larger screen (4.7") of my Samsung but am annoyed at the OS. The iPhone 6 is looking very good to me.