Hello Everybody,

I have been flying the 32 for few days now, and the contamination of the oil happen too often.

I have been reading on other topic that this was a random problem created by the plugging.

I would be happy to believe this if it didn't happen so much ( I mean at least once every day that i fly it.)

Whatever the weather, altitude, speed, it does happen.

So i finish my flight crashing... Disappointing... :)

I must do something wrong... But i have no idea what...

Someone to help???

Thanks

Baptiste

What do you mean exactly "Contamination of the oil"??

What is happening? Do you mean you notice a HIGH OIL temp then an engine fire or the engine quits?

A screenshot of any warning lights/annunciators/gauges/popup messages ect. may help.

Have you tried just throttling back a bit, reducing the power?

Attaching a copy of your Log.txt from an problem flight may help.

Also check the World/MTBF tab of the System Failures page under X-Plane's  Aircraft --> Equipment Failures options, try un-ticking "Allow random failures".

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

I think he means oil contamination, the annunciator says "CONTAM". This is caused by metal chips detected in the oil, what normally should cause an engine failure anytime soon. I've had this problem also, and don't know how to solve it or how to avoid it. Maybe a bad management of power?

Thanks for your answers

Yes it is the CONTAM warning light. it always happen first to the left and then the rigth.

Yes i might have had a bad management of the power as i was learning the plane.

So i noticed than in cruise ( often around FL150 ) I had the RPM lever to "flight" which all the time cause an over-speed of the RPM.

So now I flight with the RPM lever down to taxi and so far... no problem.

But it doesn't seem normal to have to use this lever in taxi position while your flying.

PS : i don't have random failures activate

Thanks for your time

About the problem in the engine you should not put in taxi.. but relax the throttle.. with that is enough..

About contamination.... I use the default contamination function in xplane.... don't know if Laminar has changed anything in xplane last update about this........

Edited by Japo32