Congratulations to Australia.

Really enjoyed the final and congratulate all my Australian friends.

The Australian team , is a dream-team.

OK they ruined our dream.( we had to much optimism and not enough quality )

They certainly deserve the victory.

RESPECT!!!!!

Cheers

Leen

Edited by Leen de Jager
  • Upvote 2

While one can certainly understand the enthusiasm for cheering one's team on in the World Cup, those of us who are unable to watch the games live do not appreciate the unavoidable spoilers when viewing the main page.  Now there is no point to watching my recorded game(s).

I'd rather not have to completely avoid X-Pilot.com during the entire World Cup tournament.

Please, if I could offer a friendly suggestion:  create a thread called "World Cup Results (spoilers inside)"   :)

I think there is no way to avoid spoilers because everybody around talks about the World cup, even if you go out on the street you will occasionally hear or see stuff related to it. :)

Actually, there are ways to avoid spoilers.  I just thought I could politely ask for some consideration here, thinking that a niche forum would normally be a "safe" place.

Obviously, I am mistaken.  I guess I will have to avoid X-Pilot.com for the duration of the World Cup after all.

Actually, there are ways to avoid spoilers.  I just thought I could politely ask for some consideration here, thinking that a niche forum would normally be a "safe" place.

Obviously, I am mistaken.  I guess I will have to avoid X-Pilot.com for the duration of the World Cup after all.

Or ask the administration to hide this particular board from you for the period of the World Cup, hehe.

Now that you know that these types of discussions will be happening in this thread, you could just avoid this thread. It's that simple.

• Upvote 1

Now that you know that these types of discussions will be happening in this thread, you could just avoid this thread. It's that simple.

Brilliant!  I would have never thought of this.

The point I was trying to make has been clearly missed.

I'll be outta here for a while...

Enjoy!

The point I was trying to make has been clearly missed.

Ohh certainly not, I think we did not mis your point at all.

I realise its always a pity when not being able to see things things "live".

Due to my work I am not able to see many sport events live.

I can assure you when the dutch team wins or looses while I am at work , I ll notice the victory or the defeat at once , hearing sounds from the streets,

Results from these and other games are in the news-flashes too.

Thats not ideal I know.

Asking the world the hush until I have seen my videotapes..............come on , thats ...................very unrealistic.

OK, my next congratulations will be adressed to the winner INSIDE the post, I was not my intention to spoil your game ,sorry for that.

Leen

Edited by Leen de Jager
  • Upvote 3

1.  Ohh certainly not, I think we did not mis your point at all.

I realise its always a pity when not being able to see things things "live".

Due to my work I am not able to see many sport events live.

I can assure you when the dutch team wins or looses while I am at work , I ll notice the victory or the defeat at once , hearing sounds from the streets,

Results from these and other games are in the news-flashes too.

Thats not ideal I know.

2.  Asking the world the hush until I have seen my videotapes..............come on , thats ...................very unrealistic.

3.  OK, my next congratulations will be adressed to the winner INSIDE the post, I was not my intention to spoil your game ,sorry for that.

Leen

I feel compelled to respond during my hiatus:

1.  I agree that it is difficult to avoid the news of the games.  But given my type of work and my work environment, it is indeed possible to avoid 99% of it.

2.  Nowhere did I suggest for anyone here to "hush" during the World Cup.  In my first post I merely suggested to host game discussions in a thread named in such a way that does not give away any results.  That's all.  I do realize it is difficult to contain the excitement of the matches.

3.  Thank you.  I appreciate that.

Edited by sqrt(-1)