Question with TTG indicator in EHSI

jkieffer1957

I've noticed that when I am flying using NAV/VOR 1 selected I see a TTG countdown under the ET in the Upper Right corner of the EHSI. But when I select over to NAV/VOR 2 the TTG countdown disappears and the EHSI continues to display VOR1 (Upper Left) as primary Nav selection even though flight commands and course following are working with the Nav 2 Radio frequency selection. Is this normal operation?

Regards

Jim Kieffer

Greenville NC

Jim,

I did some brief testing and cannot reproduce this as you described it.  What you are describing would obviously be incorrect, but I can't make it happen.  The lateral mode should change between VOR1 and VOR2 (which it did in my tests).  Are you sure when you selected NAV2 that it was a valid frequency and within range?  

The TTG only indicates the DME time of NAV1 for the pilot side and NAV2 on the copilot side. So, selecting NAV2 will cause the TTG to show "---" on the pilot side. "---" will also show when the nav aid is out of range.

If you can provide more details I will test this again.  Please tell me where you were flying (ie. airports from and to), VORs selected and their frequencies, altitude, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

I did some brief testing and cannot reproduce this as you described it.  What you are describing would obviously be incorrect, but I can't make it happen.  The lateral mode should change between VOR1 and VOR2 (which it did in my tests).  Are you sure when you selected NAV2 that it was a valid frequency and within range?  

The TTG only indicates the DME time of NAV1 for the pilot side and NAV2 on the copilot side. So, selecting NAV2 will cause the TTG to show "---" on the pilot side. "---" will also show when the nav aid is out of range.

If you can provide more details I will test this again.  Please tell me where you were flying (ie. airports from and to), VORs selected and their frequencies, altitude, etc. 

Jim

I did another flight and was able to capture this screen shot. The flight was from KPBG to KBOS, I believe I had Plattsburg VOR (PLB) on 116.90 for Nav 1 radio and Burlington VOR (BTV) on 117.5 for Nav 2 radio. I was climbing up to FL170 having just crossed the BTV VOR. You'll notice that I have Nav S R selected which uses Nav Radio 2. The EADI continues to display VOR1 as Primary source of navigation input. The Nav station is valid as I am getting DME reporting and a From indication on the EHSI. I have Nav selected so I'm not in HDG mode. Does this information help you at all with explaining what is happening to me. 

post-11798-0-26342400-1398806070_thumb.j

BTW, Man I love this aircraft, the more I fly it the more I Love It.

Regards

Jim Kieffer

Greenville NC