Removing OSM? Trees

Preston Martin

Hello Friends,  I have recently added Al Pilot HD2 mesh and Simhaven ZL17 Photoreal scenery for the Seattle area.  There are a few non-airport areas (warehouses and farm fields) near my home that have trees where there shouldn't be.  What program would I use to delete these trees?  Would it be some sort of exclusion zone type arrangement?  -Woog

• 1 month later...

And again I read:

"I have recently added Al Pilot HD2 mesh and Simhaven ZL17 Photoreal scenery for the Seattle area"

WHY do you do that? It doesn't help to have both in the same area, as always (ALWAYS) only one base mesh scenery can (and will) be shown! The other only takes up place on your disk.

Read here:

Edited by alpilotx

Let me tell you why:  I fly outside the SimHeaven coverage area.  In America we don't have whole country coverage like you get in Europe.  I can fly to the edge of the photoreal in ten minutes in a Helicopter.  Also our OSM library is non-existent compared to Europe........If I want more accurate terrain outside of the 1x1 tile, I need to have the coverage that ALpilot offers with his entire continent mesh and landclass re-write.   -Woog

OK, I just wanted to caution you here ... because I read quite often (and I am Alpilotx ;) ), that people think they need both at the same time, for the same location (which is not the case). Otherwise I absolutely understand you (just wanted to make things as clear as possible).

• 3 months later...

Thank you for all your hard work Andras!  I must say, when I do come to the edge of a PhotoTile, the colors in my area match very closely to your work.  Very nice!  Just for further clarification, Does SimHeaven use the same exact tree placement files as you work?  If I generate an exclude, will it exclude your, Simheavens, and the default trees?  Is there a way to edit the Elevation mesh in X-Plane? -Woog

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for all your hard work Andras!  I must say, when I do come to the edge of a PhotoTile, the colors in my area match very closely to your work.  Very nice!  Just for further clarification, Does SimHeaven use the same exact tree placement files as you work?  If I generate an exclude, will it exclude your, Simheavens, and the default trees?  Is there a way to edit the Elevation mesh in X-Plane? -Woog

To the first question, there is a very detailed answer on my website:

And about editing mesh : well, its not really possible  ... because there are no tools to do it in a feasible way. Neither do I recommend doing so, as all such editings would be lost, when ever a new cut of a mesh comes out (like for example the planned HD Mesh Scenery v3). Beside this, there are two tools on x-plane.org, called rasterTool and vertexTool (search for them). They at least help in doing some localized changes.