Flying with Lua

Tom Knudsen

Do you all have Sky Maxx Pro installed?

Please elaborate what plugins you have too, i.e any texture enhancements etc.

Lets try to narrow it down

I do not have skymaxx pro installed at the moment, and do not have maxx xp or anything. I Have flywithlua, xsquakbox, Aerosoft white lights, shaders, sky tools, moon, etc. 

Set it to far (second highest) Not sure if this would help though.

I will try Heathrow to see if I can reproduce this

PS.. The first two pictures does not load

I have tried setting it to far before, and I'm sorry that first two won't load, basically they show how the lights don't show up until i progress further down the runway during takeoff. 

Ok here is some thing to consider

1. Start removing one plugin after another untill you are left with just Sky Maxx Pro and Fly With Lua

- This will eliminate any plugin interference/bugs

My plugin folder looks like this

post-8124-0-46553400-1398473086_thumb.pn

2. I use version 1.3 of Sky Max Pro (not any of the later updates)

- That may not affect it, but it very well could (as I do not know)

3. Try to remember, did you use any other texture enhancements?

4. Check and see if you use Real Terra Haze with the light script (they do not work togeather)

5. If everything checks ok, remove the Light Script then the Releigh Scripts and see if runway lights reverst back to normal.

It is hard for me to investigate what may cause this as it does not happen on my side. It could be graphics card, it could be drivers, it could be render settings it could be textures.

The only way to remedy this is to investigate and search..

Last but at least..

An update for the black/white missing blinking textures which was reported, this has nothing to do with the script, but most likely resides somewhere else as reported

Regarding the "black bug lights" has nothing to do with the light.tweak. 

I made several tests and noticed that the error may be in the scene or in the LPMA/ff_library libraries / ff_library_extended_LOD. I feel sad to hear that :\

I had the above mentioned problem again with Washington Dulles airport with the sequentially appearing runway as I flew over.   I deleted the airport terminal building scenery and runway appeared again.   Checked the scenery I had used and it was:

Baltimore/Washington D.C. area Scenery Package

for X-Plane 8.06

by Ted Davis

TheoSDavis@aol.com

Readme file indicates it was written for Xplane 8.06 so maybe that is the problem.    Also then installed airport scenery for Reagan Intl and had no problem there either.  

I'll start removing plugins one by one and playing with render settings. I do not use real terra haze anymore however this issue did not exist with it. This occurred only after I installed Aerosofts textures with the light tweak. I use two scripts at the moment , the light_tweak and the art script at the beginning of this thread. Perhaps this is caused by the interaction between those two scripts? Either way ill boot up X-Plane now and play around with this and see what happens. 

Edited by captainamerican

Okay, the issue is fixed for me :D

I have deleted the "art.lua" (The script in the beginning of the thread) and placed it with Raleigh Lua scripts. They both work flawlessly. Unfortunately, the end of one problem is the birth of another. The aircraft land and/or taxi lights do not light up the surface of the runway or airport. When i first load up runway or ramp, the surface in front of me is lit for about a second and switches off. 

I don't have the 'art.lua' script but still have this issue.

I've come across another issue when flying during the day. Police cars with flashing lights don't look quite right (huge lights that can be seen in the distance).

See the big blob in the pic below. There are other cars there but you can't seem unless you zoom in. The pic doesn't do it justice but if you try for yourself you'll see what I mean.

post-8785-0-91664000-1398502546_thumb.pn

Edited by 3saul

I don't have the 'art.lua' script but still have this issue.

I've come across another issue when flying during the day. Police cars with flashing lights don't look quite right (huge lights that can be seen in the distance).

See the big blob in the pic below. There are other cars there but you can't seem unless you zoom in. The pic doesn't do it justice but if you try for yourself you'll see what I mean.

This is a known issue in SkyMAXX & HDR.......Looking at your SS it looks as if you are using SM.......

This is a known issue in SkyMAXX & HDR.......Looking at your SS it looks as if you are using SM.......

Hi John,  sorry to hijack this thread a bit, but is there a list of known issues for SMP posted anywhere?  I've been having this problem with the police car lights and its been driving me nuts, but never thought SMP was the issue....i will diable it to confirm.

Not really any list,  its only in HDR and we are aware of the problem.......

Currently we haven't found a solution and to be honest I am puzzled as to why it only a problem with that style of light......

As I am typing I wonder if it would be possible to edit the png associated with the police car lights.........Give me some time to look into this......

Not really any list,  its only in HDR and we are aware of the problem.......

Currently we haven't found a solution and to be honest I am puzzled as to why it only a problem with that style of light......

As I am typing I wonder if it would be possible to edit the png associated with the police car lights.........Give me some time to look into this......

Thanks John, let us know if you come up with anything.

Tom,

Just seen the topic and can't wait to try out your scripts. If you want to have a look a what real terra haze ha become in v2b head over to x plane Italia and download it from there.

There are still some issues I'm ironing out... Although I had no idea about issues with the lights (that's one part I look at very little)

The thread with the links is here.

Sorry for any typos but I am on my tablet now...

http://www.x-plane.it/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23353

Edited by SPAS

I have been able to reproduce an oddity.  I can start X-Plane at KJFK and the runway and road lights are all visible from distances and appear correct.  If I then switch to a different airport, via the menu bar "Select Global Airport" option, the runway lights and road lights display the problem in which they are only visible at close range.  

I am not at my computer at the moment but when I do have an opportunity I will upload my X-Plane log file and also list out the few plug-in packages I have installed.

My solution was to set world render distance to medium or higher, and delete any other scripts you have in flywithlua besides Raleigh tweak and light tweak.

Never use more than one script in the script folder if you are not 100% sure that the same code is not listed in each .lua file

I would recommend settings atleast high

I have been able to reproduce an oddity.  I can start X-Plane at KJFK and the runway and road lights are all visible from distances and appear correct.  If I then switch to a different airport, via the menu bar "Select Global Airport" option, the runway lights and road lights display the problem in which they are only visible at close range.  

I am not at my computer at the moment but when I do have an opportunity I will upload my X-Plane log file and also list out the few plug-in packages I have installed.

Thanks for letting me know, will try to reproduce this and see if I can narrow it down to which line of code it affects.