Just Making Sure I'm Setup Right

Agrajag

I just bought SkyMaxx Pro and, already, I'm fairly certain there's no going back to the default skies of XP10.

However, a couple things early on have stood out that I'd like to inquire about.

First, I seem to see a lot of the exact same clouds, or slight variations of them, in every sky. The most prevalent example of that is one cloud element that's shaped like a W but with four legs. Sometimes it's inverted and sometimes its more blown about but its always there and it's always four legs. Never three, never five, etc.

I also have a lot of groups of clouds of three. Storm? Hey, there's three dark clouds, some gray space and then three more dark clouds, then more space, then three more dark clouds.

I can get pictures if need be but, again, I assume many of you are familiar with what I'm talking about. 

Also, are the jet trails up there above me (I fly mainly turboprops at no more than 16,000 feet) animated or are they just lines in the sky? (I don't care which -- just curious)

As far as my settings, here's what I'm currently running with:

skymaxx.jpg

XP 10.25, Intel i5 4670k (@4.2GHz), GTX-770 w/4GB, 16GB PC, Asus Maximus VI Hero motherboard.

Edited by Agrajag

Im trying to get my head around your ideas here, having a hard time :D  

Um ....SM is procedurally drawn and cloud formations are random,  you may be seeing similar textures in the cloud formations.....

As far as contrails are concerned  they are static to the cirrus layer........Just something we added to add a bit of life to the sim....

Okay, so then here are two images to make it a big more clear. Notice the "UU" shape in the upper left? I see a version of that exact formation in most skies where clouds aren't filling the sky.

In the second image, notice the black-ish spots (from above you see through them)? Why are there exactly three in each and every group and are they supposed to be identical repeats of the same group of three?

Dash8Q400_4.png

Dash8Q400_5.jpg