Autopilot ILS

the autopilot captures the localizer and the glide slope is captured.  after the plane hs been on the glide slopr for a time the autopilot shuts off.  Airspeed is adequate,full flaps and gear down   the autopilot will not reengage.  I recover the plane and land manually.  When I pull the throttle back with the joy stick as I cross the end of the runway the engines go into reverse and I have not pressed the reverse button.

airdaleret

Most Auto Pilot's on small aircaft like the JS32 are Designed to disconnect just before landing as this aircraft (both sim & RW)  has no AUTOLAND capability.

(check BEFORE LANDING checklist, A/P to OFF).

It will also disconnect if to use manual trim or get near stall speed (or X-Plane thinks your near stall speed in gusty conditions because of spikes in the IAS due to X-Plane turbulence)

Note I would also switch OFF the "Stick Pusher" if it's gusty as well and add a few kts to your Vref.

If you pulled the throttle (all the way back) on your joystick you may have activated "BETA" pitch, i.e. put the props  into "reverse angle".

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

,full flaps

If you put full flaps, the autopilot disconnects - it's not built to land the plane and should not be used for that.

However the autopilot can put the plane to the ground if you don't use full flaps, but the landing is very rough (unlike e.g. the FlyJSim 727 autopilot which can flare the airplane and the landing is smooth) and you should not do that in the real life because on some approaches (like the London City where the angle is really steep) you could cause serious damage to the plane.