X.Plane will not save the situation

Mick Hill

Sorry folks I seem to be rubbishing X-Plane all the time. The other problems I have been able to buy myself out of. ie.. FMC will not work in basic aircraft so buy the CRJ 200 and alls well. The problem I have now I can not buy my way out of. " Save Situation"  Yesterday evening I worked my way through the CRJ 200 Tutorial as far as page 20 of a 55 page Tutorial. It was late so I saved the situation and returned to the flight today. Loaded up the " Saved" file to find it had saved only where the aircraft was parked in Salamanca. Nothing else was saved. The CRJ was back to " Cold and Dark". This means that if I want to complete the tutorial I have to do it in one go. Or leave the computer on overnight on Pause. This is to my mind stupid. As it is a Programme glitch I can not see a way round it. There must be someone out there who has run up against this problem. 

Any answers folks?  

Mick :(

Saving the situation never works on complex aircraft and not always on easy aircraft. It's kind of glitchy and doesn't save everything. If you still want to continue on the same flight and don't mind to completely close X-Plane, this is your answer:

Windows: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16764

Mac: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=18508

It's a tool that reduces CPU load to zero, so your computer doesn't have to work when you pause X-Plane.

I hope that helps ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks I will give it a go. Let you know how I get on.. I seem to be trying to work my way through a series of problems at the moment.  Aircraft sat on ramps with no wheels but if you move to another ramp they re-appear. CRJ Salamanca again. Got through to takeoff in the CRJ tutorial, took of and activated the Autopilot but would it lock onto the FMC flight route NO!, it just floundered about in the sky intermittently loosing altitude or power. Everything was setup to the letter but no joy. I thought the " In House aircraft " were difficult but the CRJ 200 is a brute. Tried a flight out of LBIA "EGNM" to Heathrow last night. FMC did not recognise any of the waypoints I keyed in using reputable route planners. The plan it did accept wandered all round the north of England before heading to Pole Hill which is only 4 nm from the airport. Once again AP would not function correctly and I had to manually control throttles then the altitude glitch set in and the aircraft was pitching and diving all over the place. Climbing way past the preset altitude then pitching way below. It took me over an hour to navigate to Sheffield at which point the plane was flying due East to some nebulus waypoint.I packed it in there. 

I think I may need to start again but as I have said in one of my first posts on this site I have flown FSX for 10 years or more on and off.The problems I have with X Plane and its add ons did not exist in FSX where I flew PMDG aitcraft. Go back to FSX I hear you say. No can do, as my new computer is Windows 7 and all my FSX stuff does not work on it.

I have a challenge ahead. Mick.:)

Well, you should probably update your NAVDATA on the CRJ200. Or use an older cycle for flight planning ;)

The pitch problem is known and there are solutions to it on this website(delete your preferences, output flight model higher number…) :D 

The CRJ doesn't have Autothrottle, and you have probably a wrong autopilot setting that causes the plane to follow FMS. 

Have fun flying :)

Well the problems with X-Plane are endless and not to be solved by returning to FSX. Windows 7/8 are not compatible with FSX. There is a way to make it compatible but it is too tec for me. So persist with X-Plane, after setting the CRJ-200 up on a IFR flight to EGPH from EGCC I taxi to RW 05L as per flight plan and Sid , arriving at the Hold position I check the instruments and the FMC. WHAT !!! I am suddenly about to fly 358 miles to EGLL from EGNM on the EGCC -EGPH route apart from the fact that the FMC wants me on RW32 ( Which is LBIA  EGNM.. So now I wipe the computer of all traces ( so I think ) of X-Plane 10. Add on scenery, add on aircraft all removed into a separate folder and the programme wiped. It's start again time inspite of the late hour. I start the INSTALL' again to find it says I already have X-Plane installed and do I want a second copy? I have to say yes inspite of knowing I have removed everything. I Install again. However later when I run the programme the setup stops to let me know that certain files may or may not install correctly and do I " understand " . Once I click " Understand" it carries on. So over the course of the installation I have upwards of 6 files or more which have not installed correctly. Which these are and how they impact on the programme I do not know as I did not write the info down. Unfortunately the problem can not be solved by X-Plane Randy Pitt because I have the Europe Edition. This is produced by GRAPHSIM and they do not reply to Emails. So I am between a rock and a hard place. 

I am within a spit of binning the whole lot and cutting my losses. I will try again to get back to a " Clean " setup but I am aware I will be flying into buildingless airfields set in amorphus flat green and brown land. This I refuse to do as it is not a flying experience to fly from A to B over cities etc to land on featureless airports.

Mick :(

As an addon, it now will not attempt to save anything saying there are a mass of files missing. I have no idea what is wrong with this programme. Especially when it says the problem is possibly because the files were downloaded from a CD in the first place. Well how else would I have introduced them if I have bought the programme via a boxed 2 CD set.?

It gets dafter and dafter. :(

I have once again removed the programme from the PC. It is now crashing every time I try to introduce a Flight Plan. Firstly it will not store the plan then once I click on the blank Flight plan graphic it pops up with 6 or 7 " Files missing " pop ups.Once I have scrolled through them it crashes.I have attempted and succeeded in downloaded various custom scenery files. All of which the programme depends upon if you are to fly into airports with buildings etc. In fact X-Plane would fail without them. You have only to look at the YouTube videos and latest tutorials using expensive add on aircraft to see what I mean.. All the add on material I have stashed away on an external pod in case I get the programme to work again. Many of the airports will not work/show unless you have downloaded " opensceneryX, ruscenery,Fflod etc,etc. Thie presence of these downloads has no bearing on my problems as I have only the bare bones installed.

I am going to attempt to contact Graphsim again as they wrote the programme. If I get no joy from them then I will go to the top of X-Plane .com  They will get some very adverse publicity if they do not help. 

Before anybody asks, what am I attempting to run the programme on. Windows 7  Intel Core i5  Intel HD Graphics, 8 GB Memory, 1 TB hard drive with 1TB external HD available. It is not the computer.

Mick :)

Sorry I have a Copy of the Log sat on the desktop but I do not know how to get it to you. The file is massive. If I open it in this window it crashes the programme.

I have overnight reinstalled X-Plane and in its " Bare Bones " state it is working without seeking missing files. I also have resisted downloading the Upgrades which it says are available every time I open up. It still will not save the most basic of flights. The configuration of the FMC is usually corrupted. I am flying the KC-10. No Sids or Stars available in its FMC. It hung onto the Glareshield settings but added 3500 Nm's to the distance. I was flying Edinburgh to London and was over Carlisle when I saved. While in Map Mode I reloaded the flight again and this brought some normality back to the FMC but not totally.

Getting there slowly. :)  Mick

Log Text.txtX-Plane Installer Log.txtThanks for that, Sorry been offline for a day or so. However the programme is running OK at the moment due to the fact I am in " Bare Bones " / " Basic installation mode. I have installed the upgrades which it lists every time I open the programme and they have not had any adverse effect. I am however flying into " Buildingless airports and using the default aircraft.Can you point me in the direction of  " Safe " add ons. ie, ones that will not corrupt the programme alonf the way. I notice that most of the Add ON scenery requires a number of other installations for them to work. " opensceneryX, ruscenery,Fflod etc,etc. " . How safe are these? Also there are a number of Freeware and Payware aircraft and airports available. I downloaded some of these into my original installation and more than probably one or more of these corrupted the programme. Prior to uninstalling the programme I had a massive number of fault notifications every time I attempted to use the programme. As I said earlier this game' relies on external modifications to be made for any semblence of reality,in flight and on the ground , can be achieved.

A happier Mick . :)

• 5 weeks later...

Mick

FSX DOES work with Win 7/8, I have used every version since V5.0

I have FSX running on Win8Pro64 with NO problems.

The majority of FSX users stick with Win7.

However, I am now getting into X-Plane 10.25, and FSX is still sitting on my drive bearly used. since Christmas.

My machine is not much diiferent to yours.

Next, you DO need these Libraries to run the scenery addons, I have 36 addon UK airfields, 4 of them throw up a warning, but ignoring them does NOT cause a crash. The developers make every effort to make sure that their product works before releasing it.

I have downloaded Gigabytes of HD scenery for the UK, again, no problems.

Ok, the only problem I have is your original, unable to save situation, but no big deal for me.

I don't see how adding addons is corrupting the sim, you must not be reading the installation instructions properly.

I can uderstand it with FSX, but not X-P.

For a start, it does not sit in the windows registry, so deleting/moving or copying is easy(I have three copies, for three different setups).

And two of them are copies of the original install.