PFD vario needle doesn't work in 3D cockpit mode

Lukasz

And that's a problem for anyone flying exclusively in 3D cockpit, like me ;)

Also I'd like to ask for further functionalities and enchancements of both Garmin 1000 displays :o Like ability to set altitude, atmospheric pressure and OAT in different units, ADF or moving map display (I wonder if X-Plane's native 'local map' could be used for that?). For a long time I've preferred steam gauges type of instrumentation, but now I fully understand, why people are so excited about Garmin 1000 and I want more of it! :)

Apart from that, thank you for bringing to X-Plane one of my favourite planes and doing it with so much quality and fidelity. Amazing and fantastic job!

And that's a problem for anyone flying exclusively in 3D cockpit, like me ;)

Also I'd like to ask for further functionalities and enchancements of both Garmin 1000 displays :o Like ability to set altitude, atmospheric pressure and OAT in different units, ADF or moving map display (I wonder if X-Plane's native 'local map' could be used for that?). For a long time I've preferred steam gauges type of instrumentation, but now I fully understand, why people are so excited about Garmin 1000 and I want more of it! :)

Apart from that, thank you for bringing to X-Plane one of my favourite planes and doing it with so much quality and fidelity. Amazing and fantastic job!

lis,

I'm not clear on what you mean by the "vario needle" ... could you describe this more?

The alt units is something I am considering as a future enhancement.

There is no ADF gage in the "real life" G1000 version for the Corvalis, (or did you mean something else) ?

I'm glad you're enjoying the aircraft. 

Jim

This is also happening to me. What I think that he means is that in the 3d cockpit, the vertical speed arrow doesn't move in the tape like it does in 2d mode. In other words, it stays in zero, while it indicates your vs inside of the tape that is stationary when it is not supposed to.

Yes, I had on my mind the black vertical speed arrow. As you can see on the attached screenshot, a/c is in climbing turn and inside of the needle is indicated vertical speed of 1400 fps, yet the needle is still centered, as if I was flying level. In 2D panel the needle moves up and down, as it should.

I asked for the ADF, because I still use NDB's for navigation and approaches and I remembered a photo of Garmin 1000 PFD with ADF/DME softkey. Must have been another aircraft type, I guess.

post-1467-131369578419_thumb.jpg

Yes, I had on my mind the black vertical speed arrow. As you can see on the attached screenshot, a/c is in climbing turn and inside of the needle is indicated vertical speed of 1400 fps, yet the needle is still centered, as if I was flying level. In 2D panel the needle moves up and down, as it should.

I asked for the ADF, because I still use NDB's for navigation and approaches and I remembered a photo of Garmin 1000 PFD with ADF/DME softkey. Must have been another aircraft type, I guess.

lis,

OK, now I see.

The VSI animation is a known issue that I hope to address in a future release.  The actual Vertical Speed (LED) is shown however, so you should have no problem flying in 3D. 

Yes, there are other aircraft with ADF/DME data displays on the PFD.  The G1000 in the C400 does not have this.  However, you can program an NDB into the FMS for navigation. and your distance will be displayed on the PFD in the NavStat window and the ETE will be displayed in the MFD Navstat window.  Distance for the leg or cumulative distance is also available in the FPL window.

Hope this helps.

Jim