What did you fly today?

Maxime

Finally took some leisure flying time, did a short hop between CYVR and KSEA, both of which have decent scenery on my machine. 747 in Canadian Airlines livery from the 1980's. I hate doing Seattle approach in the dark. Too many damned lights. I love it up here in Canada. Looking for an airport? Just go for something with lights, there'll probably be an airport, since we don't really have bright cities...

tumblr_mhj421VQFy1s0izlgo1_1280.png

• Upvote 3

Some VATSIM traffic shots as I was departing LOWW this morning:

Ground movements:

Jetstream32_66_zpsfc4075d2.png

Holding short RWY 34 for an inbound heavy:

Jetstream32_68_zps3db2b9cb.png

His paint looks a little nicer than my (lack of) paint:

Jetstream32_69_zps4f34e62a.png

I wonder if he's on X-Plane as well, or if the runways in MSFS scenery line up that well with the ones in X-Plane:

Jetstream32_70_zps412fea7e.png

And I'm ready to line-up and take-off:

Jetstream32_71_zpsa0f0917f.png

It was a busy morning in Vienna!

• Upvote 1

AtomicFrawg I see you are buzzing NZCH, thats my home town, you are currently over the port hills around cashmere way :)

Zymurg, is that the Shade Tree Beaver? Its very nice...... :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

The area is one of my favorite to fly over. I am currently doing hops around the area and exploring. You are very lucky to live there.

Edited by AtomicFrawg
  • Upvote 1

A quick hop from Poland to Germany in the JS32. 

Here you can see the icing starting to form on the engine inlets. This never ceases to amaze me in X-Plane. I'll forgive you if you thought it was just the remaining paint flaking off, but it really is ice! 

Jetstream32_12_zps9025ba81.png

Into the setting sun:

Jetstream32_19_zpsca640206.png
  • Upvote 4

To go along with the them of landing with a challenge... I took out an old Huey that I found in my helicopter folder, and it took me an hour and a half AFTER I arrived at the platform to land it. I honestly have no clue how the hell you're supposed to fly a helicopter in X-Plane. I even have a second joystick set up as a collective and I can't do it. Physical trim wheels, can't do it. It's just impossible. I took off in daylight from Christchurch, and by the time I was on the deck I was on fumes and it was dark. Not a happy pilot.

tumblr_mhxzoqn9qp1s0izlgo1_1280.png

tumblr_mhxzoqn9qp1s0izlgo2_1280.png

tumblr_mhxzoqn9qp1s0izlgo3_1280.png

• Upvote 3

Cool shot! Where did you get that huey?

Don't remember - Somewhere on the .org from X-Plane 8.6+. The cockpit sucks, but it's a beaut to fly AS LONG AS YOU HAVE TRIM WHEELS. You literally can't fly it without them - you'll be upside down in no time flat. I'm going to be doing some serious digging soon, though, because I want to take it's awesome flight model and put it to a nice 3D model I have.