Ready Pad

TOBS

Next problem: the "save" button allows one to save the flight plan (the plan can be opened with a text editor and appears to be correct) and the "load" button does, indeed, bring up the proper dialog to select the saved flight plan. However, the plan does not load. 

Next problem: the "save" button allows one to save the flight plan (the plan can be opened with a text editor and appears to be correct) and the "load" button does, indeed, bring up the proper dialog to select the saved flight plan. However, the plan does not load. 

gthomas,

I just did a test and created a new flight plan, saved it, cleared the flight plan from the FMS, and then loaded it, and everything worked as expected. So obviously I am not experiencing the same problem that you are.

Maybe you could post the file and we could take a look at it.

Jim

I just did a test and created a new flight plan, saved it, cleared the flight plan from the FMS, and then loaded it, and everything worked as expected. So obviously I am not experiencing the same problem that you are.

Thanks Jim--I had to change the extension from .fms to .txt so that the forum software would let me upload it.

(Props for the fastest support anywhere!)

KBDN_>_DSD_>_MAVER_>_BTG_>_KPDX.txt

Thanks Jim--I had to change the extension from .fms to .txt so that the forum software would let me upload it.

(Props for the fastest support anywhere!)

OK, I think I see what happened. 

When you are entering a flight plan at some point you have to press the D> key to tell the FMS where you are starting from (first waypoint).

I would suggest you add this step right after you press the INIT key.

So, prior to entering any waypoints, first press the INIT Key and thne the D> Key.  This will set the starting way point to your current position (KBDN).  After that you can enter the remaining waypoints as DSD, MAVER, BTG, and KPDX.  Once you have entered all the waypoints press the SAVE Key. Name the flight plan and save.  After that you should be able to load the flight plan without a problem.  Note: Before loading the flight plan press the INIT key to clear any existing data in the Active Flight Plan Window if necessary.

Let me know how it goes.

Jim