One question...for now.

Badabing

I'm new to X-Plane but been flying MS sims for over 20 years now.  Quick question, I can't find in the manual how to use or what keys would either scroll up or down when selecting a selector knob.  For example if I drag the mouse courser over a select knob on a radio stack to tune a ILS, I'll see two curved arrows.  Left arrow has a "-" for scroll down, the right arrow is a "+" for scroll up.  But I can't get or program my mouse left or right buttons to do the function.  How would I assign those functions to the mouse left/right buttons?

Cheers!

Oh and X-Plane 10 with latest updates crashes 4x as much as FSX.  What gives?

Rob

Right, that works for some of the knobs like the distance select for the MFD's but for like the altimeter setting knob, can't rotate it to change it or the altitude select knob.  But left click does work for turning some but not all.  The ones that have the two arrows superimposed when I move the mouse courser over the knob is the ones that I can't change.  Even if I hold the LMB down. But the ones that the courser turns into a little hand and grabs the knob, those work ok.

So is there a function key I have to program or is there a way to program the mouse for that function?

Cheers,

Rob

Usually, if you get the up and down arrows as you describe, multiple clicks of the left mouse button activate the action. Eg, if your cursor is forward/above the desired switch, and an up arrow appears, pressing the left mouse button will move the switch up/forward, hence giving you the desired action.

Might be handy to know what aircraft you're in where you're having problems.

Ok so did some testing on default aircraft and a few add-ons.  Default 747, Caranado 210, etc.  Looks like it all works but pretty hokie to be honest.  I have to drag the mouse courser half way across the cockpit panels to scroll up or down a altitude or HQN?  Not even accurate at times as far as increments.  So for example if I try to change the heading on the autopilot management panel on the A320 Neo for example, I can't move the courser slow enough or short distance rather to change a few degrees.  It's more like a small move to the right ends up being well over 5 degrees which will make for a pain in the ass trying to set headings or altitudes.  Is there a way to calibrate the mouse courser for such functions?